3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge J/A questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge J/A questions...

First one is...does this site look legit to you? Has good prices and everything, but I don't like the fact that you can't read up the details on the electronic piece of equipment that you may or may not be putting on your vehicle: http://www.pricent.com/product_info....ucts_id=182778
Second, should I also run a boost fooler (Quad) or will the Edge J/A alone be sufficient or provide any fooling of it's own?

I know that I am going to hear a bunch about "well you're gonna need to build your tranny" and stuff...but I am not purchasing this unit to hotrod around and do boosted launches...I am primarly buying it for the gauges, the economy and the turbo timer...maybe later down the road I will consider things like the "hot" upgrade, tranny, more fuel, etc...but right now I just want a LITTLE more pep in my step, better mileage and gauges for when I DO tow. Thanks ya'll in advance.

Derek
Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 AM

The J/A will do boost fooling. I'm still debating on the electronic mods I want on my truck. The Edge is definately a good one. What about the Smarty?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned

Yep...Juice does its own boost fooling. The gauges are a nice feature of the Attitude...and that 06 Attitude has the cool stuff like turbo timer, read codes, etc....all for a little more than the Smarty is by itself.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:14 AM

If you are buying it for its monitor I like it better than my bd outlook,it does more stuff.Edge also has had there problems but has excellent customer service.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Banned

Sounds good fellas...thanks for the replies. Looks like Edge will be my first real performance upgrade...now I just have to call that site that I posted to see what kind of customer service that THEY provide...good deal on the Edge and everything, but like I said, I just don't dig the "blandness" of their site...thanks again guys.

Derek
Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 AM

two more things to consider.

1. If your truck was built after June 06, the Juice doesn't work properly.
2. If you don't do anything to the tranny, only use the first 3 levels.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
Sounds good fellas...thanks for the replies. Looks like Edge will be my first real performance upgrade...now I just have to call that site that I posted to see what kind of customer service that THEY provide...good deal on the Edge and everything, but like I said, I just don't dig the "blandness" of their site...thanks again guys.

Derek
If your worried about customer service, get the price and the site and call Lary. He should be able to meet it for you. You also don't have to worry about customer service.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:22 AM

Be carefull where you buy Edge from. After April non MVP retailers will not be able to sell their product. The price you see on there is below there MAP price and I don't suspect they will be selling it for that much longer or be able to sell it anymore.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam

My truck was built February 06...already checked into that and did my research. Nobody wants to buy something just to take it out of the box and try to install and it doesn't even work ...good lookin out thouth, thanks. As for the setting, I didn't plan on going above 2 or 3 until I did some other work to the truck...like I said, I just wanted to total package: gauges, timer, boost fooling, etc etc and a LITTLE power to boot and Edge filled the bill.

Originally Posted by t-boe
If your worried about customer service, get the price and the site and call Lary. He should be able to meet it for you. You also don't have to worry about customer service.
Actually, I was VERY worried about their customer service (that pricent.com joint I originally posted about) like I said, their website is VERY choppy and vague...I don't like not being able to look at a product and read more about it...and moreover, it doesn't even supply a part number with the product, just a picture of the box which just doesn't fly with me. So I called them and it went to what sounds like an independent seller's voice mail and I backed away from that site quicker than I found it, that's for sure.

I ended up doing some more searching around and found a site (www.gautoparts.com) and not only did their site offer more information on the product and an actual part number to cross reference to Edge's website, but their price was $5 cheaper and when I called them, they gave all the information that I wanted/needed to hear such as them being able to provide me the information on how to get the "Hot" upgrade later down the road if I want it. If a certified seller of another's products can't tell me the basics about it, I'm not buying it from them...So I went with them...Ordered the Edge J/A and the A-pillar mount all for $743.32 shipped to the door. Not 4 hours after I placed my order, I had them give me a call to thank me for my service, inform me that the Edge J/A is shipping TODAY and that they were back ordered on the A-pillar mount until Monday, but it would ship then and apologized for the inconvenience...pretty good company if you ask me.

Thanks again for the answers fellas...ya'll rock! I am WAY excited about this module!

Derek
Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 PM

the juice has settings to defuel if your converter slips so this will help your stock tranny out. I ran one on my 05 with no issues at all. I think edge makes quality stuff.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam

we've got an 06 truck in texas....build date May 06....it's got the same problems that post june 06 trucks have. Edge even confirmed this.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by jwb600
the juice has settings to defuel if your converter slips so this will help your stock tranny out. I ran one on my 05 with no issues at all. I think edge makes quality stuff.
It will still slip on high settings. The defuleing can't react fast enough. 20% slippage for even one second is BAD.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM

I just ordered my Attitude monitor (already have the Juice) from Autoanything.com for $215 - no tax and no shipping.

I'm curious about the turbo timer, though. Isn't that something was was really developed for the gasoline crowd that holds the EGTs much longer than we do. I mean by the time I pull into a parking lot and find a spot, my EGTs are already down around 3-400. Just curious??
Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lark
I just ordered my Attitude monitor (already have the Juice) from Autoanything.com for $215 - no tax and no shipping.

I'm curious about the turbo timer, though. Isn't that something was was really developed for the gasoline crowd that holds the EGTs much longer than we do. I mean by the time I pull into a parking lot and find a spot, my EGTs are already down around 3-400. Just curious??
Stop driving like a Grandma!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lark

Lark, it all depends on how you drive. When I putt around on level 1, running empty my Egts drop rather quickly. When I was on a long haul last weekend, running my EGTs up to 1350 at 6000+ elevation, it took a minute or two after stopping to get my EGTs down to 360 (where my Edge Timer will allow the engine to shut off).

Same goes for when I am towing my boat on lvl2. Long up hill grades make the EGTs soar.

Quick Reply: Edge J/A questions...