3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge Insite CTS or Qzilla Scout II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Insite CTS or Qzilla Scout II?

I have searched and read the few posts I can find on this topic and I figure there should be another one so here goes, which one is better or more popular? So far the only thing I see better is the big touch screen of the Edge. What is the general concensus? Whos got em' and what do you think?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 AM

I have an edge attitude that is only used as a EGT monitor. I was thinking of upgrading my system for the new CTS only because I want the backup camera and the cool looking display. As for use, if your planning to keep your truck fairly stock and only a safe way to give your truck some added power, then the edge CTS is the way to go. Both are great systems, but I think the edge has the visual appeal over the zilla.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM

This truck will stay completely stock except for the strait pipe and intake. It has 175,000 miles on it and has never had a single failure of anything so I am gonna try to make a million mile truck out of it. I figure something like that will help get it there dependably. I think I am leaning toward the edge just because of the looks. They both seem to monitor and display the same stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but the edge is a stand alone monitor isn't it? I dont have to have an edge performance box to make it work?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It is a stand alone monitor.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 PM

So after an entire day of reading about these two I think I am going with the Scout. I cant find anywhere that says the Edge will read rail pressure. I assume it does but I cant find it in writing anywhere. The Edge is neat and all but I just want a real world monitor. I dont have to have all the fancy colors and look alike gauges. I want a description and a reading. Not to mention the Scout is far better priced. Once you add all the mounts and pyro probes and fuel pressure sensors to the Edge you can spend some coin quick! What do you guys think? Scout or Insight?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Cts reads rail pressure at least on my 06. Quad makes a good product. My deal breaker was a back up cam for hooking my boat. All my trailers have some play but not my boat, you have to be dead on. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM

If your staying completely stock you don't need to read rail pressure. I don't even read rail pressure. I only monitor fuel pressure reading.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 AM

Even in stock form I know these common rail systems can have their qwerks and if I do start having problems it would be nice to have it for diagnostics.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 AM

I ordered the quadzilla scout 2. They had a promo going on so they threw in the EGT kit for free and I added the fuel pressure sensor kit and mount. Talked with a very nice fellow on the phone. I think this will be just what I'm looking for.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 PM

I like the Scout pretty good. Once you figure out how to navigate it and get some things set its nice. Its neat watching the wierd stuff like what gear its in and when and what not.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM

quad makes some great products, i had the commander and now have the scout. that being said not sure if i knew what i know now i would have purchase the scout. had it for a while now and the buttons don't respond very well anymore, you really have to push them...other than that it works well, it's just really annoying.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:48 PM

May just be some dirt that got behind them. Maybe you can open it up and clean them or something. I love the thing so far. Maybe what I really love is the fact that my pressures and temps look perfect with 175,000 miles on it. Its never had any failures or leaks or anything.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM

Ok guys, I have had this thing long enough now to learn how to use it and to give my opinion of it.

I would like to say that Quadzilla has some of the best customer service there is! I had a little issue with my Scout and they took care of it no questions asked. It was my fault but they fixed it free of charge.

Now, on to the real stuff. I HATE this thing! It has so many little quirks that need to be worked out its unreal! Quadzilla should have got this stuff worked out before they released it to the public. I will list the problems I have noticed now.

1. The Data logging menu is worthless. When you go to the data logging screen you have the option of scrolling up or down for maximum or minimum values. Only the maximum values will display and most of them are wrong. When you hit the down button for minimums it takes you back a screen.

2. The coolant temperature is never read correctly in the data logging screen and if you set a warning indicator for it it thinks the coolant temp is 210 degrees plus when its actually less than 180. It reads correctly on the display gauge but the data logging and warning system thinks otherwise.

3. It wont hold its settings. I can turn the sounds on and when I cycle the key it has defaulted to off again. Everytime I turn the key on I have to scroll through and set the sound. Same thing goes for the backlight. It defaults to level 8 everytime the key is cycled.

4. You have 4 different display screen options according to which parameters you want to monitor but to toggle between the screens you have to go in and change a parameter to monitor. You can change one and change it back and you are good to go but that cant be right.

5. The warnings have no audible warning, just a little box that pops up and says whatever parameter is out of range.

6. The screen back light stays on as long as the cable is connected to the OBD port regardless of key position.

These things may sound minor to some but it just sucks to spend almost $500 on something and it doesnt work correctly. I wish I had gone with the Edge CTS at this point. I dont suggest this product to anyone and I encourage Quadzilla to correct these issues and let the public know when they have been corrected so we can update the software and maybe just maybe feel like we got what we paid for.

I know that wasnt the best sales pitch in the world but if anyone thinks they may want this thing let me know, it is for sale at a discounted price. Being an honest person I could never try to charge anyone near what I paid for this thing considering what I know.