3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

insight cts vs. juice w/attitude cts

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
insight cts vs. juice w/attitude cts

I have been considering an Insight CTS for my gauges. I like the expandability, and they fact it takes so much less room than all the various gauges I would want for my truck...

So - I find the Edge site... difficult... to navigate. Near as I can tell you can read exactly the same things, the only addition by the juice is the power levels and turbo cooler. They both need a pyro kit? Starter kit? Somebody was telling me the pyro etc. comes with the juice, but I cannot see that on their website.

Thoughts and considerations? I'm not a hotrodder/whatever. I'm looking for gauges and fuel economy. Truck engine is lightly modded due to a rebuild (20% injectors, colt stage 2 - truck isn't in my sig because I haven't finished the build).

Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have both, not installed at the same time though and not the CTS system.

The only differance I know is the CTS is color and mine are not. I ran the Insight for awhile and put in the Juice with Attitude. I really liked the Insight for being able to see all 16 monitored parameters in groups of four. The Juice
Attitude only allows you to see 4 of your chosing.

The Juice with Attitude is a good set up. I run stock most of the time except when towing. What a beast in the tow position. I'm 23,600 lbs combined.
I want to run the drive position, when not towing, but it burns way to much fuel. Truck weighs 9040lbs with 105 gallons of fuel. I had 94 gallons on the other day and ran down a winged up sports car who could not believe what happened. He gave me the thrumbs up. He was weaving in and out of traffic on SR27 and I just happened to catch him at a light.

What made me go to the Juice/Attitude was I was tired of the truck down shifting when towing, going up a hill. It don't do that anymore. I did some mods to the tranny along with installing a TFI Tripple lock Torque Converter.
Thats a beast. The 06 tranny locks up in 3rd gear and shifts to OD still locked up. So in tow/haul mode, I run up to 55 mph in 3rd and back off the fuel and allow it to shift up by taking the foot off the fuel pedal. Like driving a stick.
Tow hual increases the pressures some much it will bang hard if you don't do that. Not bad out of tow haul. The exhaust brake works great with the TC.

You have to buy the Pyro for the Insight. You absolutley need it for towing.
Contrayer to popular belief you can get over 1300 degrees with no mods to the engine.

Since you've started mods already, I would go with the Insight and get the pyro. But don't discount the power of the Juice. Its real.

Dave