3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge box

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge box

Ok I talked to my dealer today and I asked them if it would void my warranty to install a performance box and they said no it won't as long as I don't get stupid. They said as long as I tell the truth up front they will help me out as long as I didn't do something stupid. I am just wondering if this is true??? If everyone thinks I can legally get away with installing a box then what is the best. I have an '06 2500 48re trans and 11.50 rear axle with limited slip. I don't want anything extreme but I do want a little more bang. I just dont want to blow the tranny or the torque converter. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I have to make a post here. I usually stay away from "will it void my warranty" threads. They usually turn sour quickly.

I would suggest that you find out who the district/regional DC Star rep is and ask him/her that question. Then you will have the bottom line.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Get it in writing...but legally, its not possible. Like stated before, call someone higher up and ask them. You will told be it will void the warranty.

They may be sliding some information by you. Sure, they won't void your whole warranty. So if your AC goes out, sure they'll fix it. But if you tear up a torque converter or fry a CP3, its your pocketbook.

I used to be like you. wanted to do everything possible to keep my warranty and play with extra power. but i finally came to a realization. Its not right to try to rip DC off because of your aftermarket add ons. If you install aftermarket mods, be ready to bite the bullet. Its your responsibility. Its the right thing to do.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 PM

Does not matter if it is in writing or not! Been there done that! D/C fired the service MANAGER that put it in writing and then sent it to me in writing. "ANY AFTERMARKET MODIFICATIONS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!"
So put it in and DO NOT SAY A WORD. Then remember to remove it for warranty work and if and WHEN they try and tell you that you had a chip or module in your truck, YOU MUST LIE LIKE A DOG! Because they will try and worm there way out of fixing the problem!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is really a touchy subject. Some dealers don't allow any mods, while others, like in Sherman, Texas, sell and install full Banks systems and do not void the warranty. Go figure.............
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 PM

When you play, be prepared to pay.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 PM

I heard that the only time they will void the warranty is when they can prove it caused the problem.

Ex. cracked injector, cause you used a box that turns the pressure up to high.

I think it's like anything else, people are funny if they like you they'll try and help, if you an a%$ then they will try and stick it to you.

I think that voiding warranty's is really stupid, unless it's utter negligence on the owner. Face facts, they make a ton of money off us when we purchase the trucks, the trucks from the factory are turned way down, so if the truck is engineered correctly to handle the potenial of the motor, there really should not be any problems, right?? I say engineer the truck to what it could be, not what it is....

my 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TX_Diesel
I say engineer the truck to what it could be, not what it is....

Sure...you'd still want to bomb it!

Viscious cycle it is.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jwooden
Sure...you'd still want to bomb it!

Viscious cycle it is.

No I wouldn't.....ok your right, i would...