3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dyno numbers from today.. not happy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno numbers from today.. not happy!!!

well i just got back from the dyno and i have mixed thoughts. i ran 377/726 last time on the regular wild TM sw#9 in 6th stock clutch. now today i was on 4.2 sw#9 with a 5th gear pull (now the guy running it on the dyno didn't know how to run the truck at all.) and the first pull only got 309hp. and i know that was b.s. so i made him do it again but told him that he needed to hold the brake and build up boost then let it go. so the next run was around 360hp. so i made him run that again only to put down 378hp. so i called that off and put in the TNT on #7 and he pulled something like a 388hp. and i know it will do make more than that. when up to the sw#9 and pulled a 404hp then a 408hp then a 406hp. so the best today was 408/876. so i'm not going to go back to that place or i am going to learn how to run my own truck and start doing it myself. so i am going to set up to go back to the place i went the first time. also got it on video so i will post the link when i get it up and running. but on the up side it was the highest TQ they have ever had on their dyno. they haven't had a diesel on it yet i was the first. they work on mustangs and like cars.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:35 PM

If you are running TNT sw on the hugh settings you need a II or III mod cp3. What was RP and did you try the lower settings? I know my truck dynoed higher with Revo than TNT. Next for me is a II or III cp3 then the TNT and over 600 I will be
Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, 408hp is pretty good for a near bone stock truck. Guessing around 450 flywheel hp. So that makes it about a 150hp gain.

Like DUKCALN mentioned, a upgraded CP3, larger injectors and a bigger turbo or twins will get you over the top.

MikeyB
Old 07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by DUKCALN
If you are running TNT sw on the hugh settings you need a II or III mod cp3. What was RP and did you try the lower settings? I know my truck dynoed higher with Revo than TNT. Next for me is a II or III cp3 then the TNT and over 600 I will be
RP got up to 26K and FP was around 30psi Boost hit 35 on stock turbo and EGT's hit 1430. but like i said the guy running it didn't know what he was doing with a diesel.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Actually, 408hp is pretty good for a near bone stock truck. Guessing around 450 flywheel hp. So that makes it about a 150hp gain.

Like DUKCALN mentioned, a upgraded CP3, larger injectors and a bigger turbo or twins will get you over the top.

MikeyB
yeah next month i am going to get a turbo and after talking to Troque Beast i think i am going to get the 62/71/14 and run with it. then go into twins if i want more but you know how that is you always want more. as long as my pocket can support my mods.....
Old 07-11-2008, 05:31 PM

You also said your going back to the other dyno? Are the dyno's the same? Could be one is running a mustang dyno and the other a dynojet? I know from some guys they loose 30-35 hp on the mustang dyno's and the dyno meter dyno's.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by glocklove
You also said your going back to the other dyno? Are the dyno's the same? Could be one is running a mustang dyno and the other a dynojet? I know from some guys they loose 30-35 hp on the mustang dyno's and the dyno meter dyno's.
I ran both time on a Dynojet i made sure i did because of that exact reason. but like i said the guy didn't know what he was doing so i am blaming that for my sorrow.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM

Yeah, that sucks, around here I can only find one guy to do Diesels and he is really new to them I'm not sure how good he is, the dyno jet I trust.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Chapter President

i just watched the vid and i only got 408/866 and i think it was 404/870 but anyways same thing i should have the video up in the next few days.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I went to a dyno that had only ran cars... I drove, but the guy was loading the dyno either slow or fast...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 PM

I ran 456 on a Dynojet and 410 on a Dyno Dynamics(mustang), the Dynojet was in 4th and mustang was in 3rd gear. That shows the difference between the two. 456HP was 4.11 #9 wild TM and 410HP was Revo#9 Wild TM
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 AM

all you guys w/ 6 speeds....what gear are you all running in on the dynojets?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire Rescue124
well i just got back from the dyno and i have mixed thoughts. i ran 377/726 last time on the regular wild TM sw#9 in 6th stock clutch. now today i was on 4.2 sw#9 with a 5th gear pull (now the guy running it on the dyno didn't know how to run the truck at all.) and the first pull only got 309hp. and i know that was b.s. so i made him do it again but told him that he needed to hold the brake and build up boost then let it go. so the next run was around 360hp. so i made him run that again only to put down 378hp. so i called that off and put in the TNT on #7 and he pulled something like a 388hp. and i know it will do make more than that. when up to the sw#9 and pulled a 404hp then a 408hp then a 406hp. so the best today was 408/876. so i'm not going to go back to that place or i am going to learn how to run my own truck and start doing it myself. so i am going to set up to go back to the place i went the first time. also got it on video so i will post the link when i get it up and running. but on the up side it was the highest TQ they have ever had on their dyno. they haven't had a diesel on it yet i was the first. they work on mustangs and like cars.

Just FYI, we are having a Diesel Dyno Day in Burleson, TX (about 160 miles from you) if you want to come up and try it again. It's next Saturday the 19th at 5pm. If you want more info just let me know (pm me) or check out the latest North Texas DTR #8 thread.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:44 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Just FYI, we are having a Diesel Dyno Day in Burleson, TX (about 160 miles from you) if you want to come up and try it again. It's next Saturday the 19th at 5pm. If you want more info just let me know (pm me) or check out the latest North Texas DTR #8 thread.

So there really is going to be a dyno in Burleson. I'll be there.......hopefully......do they have beer in Burleson?

Eric, What dyno did you go to? To keep it consistant you really should keep using the same one.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by tcr
So there really is going to be a dyno in Burleson. I'll be there.......hopefully......do they have beer in Burleson?

Eric, What dyno did you go to? To keep it consistant you really should keep using the same one.
yeah i know but A.R.T. had a viper on the rollers all day tunning it so he said it would be a week or so before he would be able to get me in. so i found a dynojet in Pflugerville and they talked like they knew what they were doing and they are alot closer than buda so i wanted to give them a try. but like i said i'm not going to go back. and i may see about the dyno next weekend.

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers from today.. not happy!!!