3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dual Fuel Pressure Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Fuel Pressure Gauges

i have 2 questions about fuel pressure gauges.

1. from what i've learned and read it sounds like lift pump pressure is more important to monitor than rail pressure, atleast for me at this point in the game i don't have a lot of mods. so i'm going to install a fuel presure gauge for the lift pump pressure. where is the best place to hook this up to on an 05'? i've heard you can do it at the injection pump and also somewhere back by the tank.

2. at some point i'd like to monitor the rail pressure too, but keep the amount of gauges to a minimum. is there a dual digital gauge out there that can do both lift and rail pressure? i have isspro gauges now but diprocol seems to be the only company that has a rail pressure gauge. i know quadzilla has the digital display for both pressures but there has been some issues with its accuracy.

any input and advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Quad's RP gauge can do both however they can't be viewed simultaneously.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Yes fuel pressure is more important for now. Like mxg342 said, Quadzilla has the only unit that monitors both rail and fuel pressure....and it is as accurate as you can get...
Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you go with the edge juice w/attitude you will be able to check fuel pressure and it will do boost fooling(won't need your quad boost fooler).Being you already have a few gauges I would get a Smarty and add the fuel/rail pressure to the list.Gauges look cool.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 AM

You can remove a banjo bolt from the CP3, install a tapped banjo, add a barbed fitting, a short piece of fuel hose, add you electronic sender or your isolator, or if you're crazy run it directly to your gauge. Done deal and you are monitoring at the most important place... the CP3.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
... add a barbed fitting, a short piece of fuel hose, add you electronic sender or your isolator, or if you're crazy run it directly to your gauge. ...P3.

... or if you want to be screwing around truying to figure why your gauge is giving all sortsa weir readings use an isolator!

signed
crazy guy without an isolator
Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 AM

You can remove a banjo bolt from the CP3, install a tapped banjo, add a barbed fitting, a short piece of fuel hose, add you electronic sender or your isolator, or if you're crazy run it directly to your gauge. Done deal and you are monitoring at the most important place... the CP3.
this sounds pretty straight forward to do. i haven't bought the gauge yet, but it will isspro to match my other two. you said about a barbed fitting and isolator, dos all that come with the gauge or is there a separate kit that supplies all that? where do i get the tapped banjo bolt too? thanks.

i say keep the fuel outside, my luck that line would blow inside my dash.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:01 AM

Here's the tapped banjo...

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....BF-LONG-TAPPED

Then you get a hardware store 1/8th inch npt fitting with a barbed end, say 5/16", then run a hose off of that to your sender. I too, recommend not using an isolator. I prefer an electrical fuel press gauge.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM

Here's the tapped banjo...

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....BF-LONG-TAPPED

Then you get a hardware store 1/8th inch npt fitting with a barbed end, say 5/16", then run a hose off of that to your sender. I too, recommend not using an isolator. I prefer an electrical fuel press gauge.
ok cool. i looked at isspro's website. they only have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge, so i guess i'm kinda stuck with that. i assume i will still need the banjo, barbed fitting and hose. does that hose run straight to the gauge now instead of a sending unit? sorry about all the questions, i've never hooked up a fuel pressure gauge before and i want to make sure i do it right.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:41 AM

The gauge will come with a sending unit that scews into the banjo bolt. Your gauge will have a wire you attach to the sending unit.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
The gauge will come with a sending unit that scews into the banjo bolt. Your gauge will have a wire you attach to the sending unit.
ok. i'll have to order the gauge and see what comes with it. geno's garage has it for 127.00 and it includes the isolator and 8 ft. of tubing. that might be the way to go.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:37 PM

That is a mechanical gauge. Just wanted you to understand before you purchase it. Requires using antifreeze between the isolator and the gauge and sometimes.... they don't work well.

Electrical fuel pressure gauges are more that double that price but no problems.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM

That is a mechanical gauge. Just wanted you to understand before you purchase it. Requires using antifreeze between the isolator and the gauge and sometimes.... they don't work well.

Electrical fuel pressure gauges are more that double that price but no problems.
i'll have to do some more research before i do anything. i want to stay with isspro so all my gauges are the same. i don't think isspro has what i want in an electric gauge though. if they have an electric fuel pressure gauge and sending unit thats the wayi would go, but i didn't see anything on their website.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by fyrguy316
i have 2 questions about fuel pressure gauges.

i know quadzilla has the digital display for both pressures but there has been some issues with its accuracy.

any input and advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Hello,

The Quad gauge issue has been resolved. I received one of the first and has worked as desired for me. They begun shipping the improved version early Feb.

Go for it.

Damon
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by mopardamo
Hello,

The Quad gauge issue has been resolved. I received one of the first and has worked as desired for me. They begun shipping the improved version early Feb.

Go for it.

Damon
ok. thanks for the update. it looks like i may lean in that direction if i want both pressures.