3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does Cold Air Intake void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Cold Air Intake void warranty?

...or more importantly, do dealers assume that it does and refuse warranty work?

I'll have the money on Friday to order one, so I need to have a pretty good idea by then. Who has the best price on the AFE Stage II?

I have a 4 " MBRP exhaust down in the basement going on today(hopefully).

...and that's it for me on the mods for now.

I won't be able to allocate any funds for guages, so not even contemplaring a tuner at this point.

I hope the exhaut and intake will give me a nice little bump over stock and just make the truck sounds and run better?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intake will not void warranty but some dealers may want to give you a hard time about it.

Budget for gauges. or get an S&B filter system and have almost enough left over to get the gauges from the money set aside for the AFE.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:52 AM

It shouldnt iv got a stage 2 on my truck and im straight piped and my dealer has never said a word... heck the dealer sales the stage 1
Yea the exshaust and intake will help ya aton! it will hold ya for about a week then youll want more

Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM

My dealership threw a fit over my mods on the '03. They wouldn't warranty anything, and I couldn't afford a lawyer to fight them over it. Some don't care, some will flip out on you.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on your dealer...i've dealt with 2 different dealers on different occasions and they both were fine with my gauges, intake, and exhaust...

Service manager even commented "Man, those are some nice gauges...been seeing a lot of trucks with 'em these days!" They never have asked me if I had a chip/programmer on the truck either...
Old 06-11-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedRacer44
Depends on your dealer...i've dealt with 2 different dealers on different occasions and they both were fine with my gauges, intake, and exhaust...
very true ... i've had nimrods on here argue that dealer don't cancel your warranty, dodge does ... well if your dealer turns you in then in my opinion it doesn't really matter who does what ....

anyways ...
when we traded off the '03 for the '06 the dealer noticed the mods and said

"we don't care what you put on the truck EXCEPT FOR AN AIR INTAKE, injectors ... multiple boxs ... exhaust or injectors are fine, but an intake will lean out your motor and cause big problems"

i walked with him into the shop to confirm with the manager and he stated the same thing ...

"injectors and a box will make it smoke ... nice and rich ... diesel is just oil anyway ... just don't ever mess with the factory intake ... hell we have a guy in here who will install injectors for you on the side ...!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

o.k. thanks...

When I take it in for my 1st oil change, I'll pose the question to the service manager(and have my portable dictophone taping the conversation ).

I really don't need the power that some of you guys have - don't tow anything except motorcycles, but their's that power junkie standing on my shoulder - you know, the one with the pitch fork, that whispers, you know you want that smoke. and whistle
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2broke2smoke
very true ... i've had nimrods on here argue that dealer don't cancel your warranty, dodge does ... well if your dealer turns you in then in my opinion it doesn't really matter who does what ....

anyways ...
when we traded off the '03 for the '06 the dealer noticed the mods and said

"we don't care what you put on the truck EXCEPT FOR AN AIR INTAKE, injectors ... multiple boxs ... exhaust or injectors are fine, but an intake will lean out your motor and cause big problems"

i walked with him into the shop to confirm with the manager and he stated the same thing ...

"injectors and a box will make it smoke ... nice and rich ... diesel is just oil anyway ... just don't ever mess with the factory intake ... hell we have a guy in here who will install injectors for you on the side ...!!!!

That's funny. But it's cool they don't care about the main mods.

I have to take my truck in (drive-line noise) and I think I'll take the VA off just in case.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote=walker;1548369]o.k. thanks...

When I take it in for my 1st oil change, I'll pose the question to the service manager(and have my portable dictophone taping the conversation ).]

Careful, both parties need to know that a conversation is being recorded! You knew that was coming from someone though, right? Just thought I'd get in there first this time!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=vzdude;1548425]
Originally Posted by walker
o.k. thanks...

When I take it in for my 1st oil change, I'll pose the question to the service manager(and have my portable dictophone taping the conversation ).]

Careful, both parties need to know that a conversation is being recorded! You knew that was coming from someone though, right? Just thought I'd get in there first this time!

It is legal as long as one of the parties knows that they are being recorded. The other guy doesnt have to know.