3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does Quadzilla XZT void Warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Quadzilla XZT void Warranty??

G'day all,

I've been absent from the forum for a few months and have come back to see my prayers answered with this XZT box.

I wanted something for my 4.5 600 that would give me a little more pep, but also improve my economy.

Before I click the "send botton" with my vVISA card number, i just wanted to aska couple of questions...

1) Does it void your warranty?
2) Do you need to run any guages or is it so mild that it doesnt raise EGT too hgih?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already, i did a search and couldn't find the answers.

Thanks in advance you guys!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:55 PM

1) Yes it will void your warranty. Any aftermarket performance box/module/tuner will void the engine warrant should the dealership find it on there and problems were to occur.
2) You should ALWAYS have guages when running an aftermarket box. Yes, the Xzillaraider boxes do appear to run somewhat cool compared to other pressure boxes, but that is no safety net. Every truck is different, and there is no telling how it will react on yours.. I also see that you do not have an aftermarket air intake, so you will be dumping more fuel in the engine, but not compensating with more air so your EGT's will get somewhat higher.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:57 PM

once you mod you become your own warranty station.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:26 AM

Thanks Guys,

That does scare me off I bit. Im not quite sure I am prepared to risk losing the warranty of a Xthousand $$ engine for the benefit of 65hp and 2 mpg.

Bugger bugger, caue I really wanted the extra HP
Old 05-09-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

But will there be any kind of "signature" on the truck computer if the box is removed and everything plugged back to OEM before being taken in for service/warranty work??
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by BigBlueDodge
1) Yes it will void your warranty. Any aftermarket performance box/module/tuner will void the engine warrant should the dealership find it on there and problems were to occur.
2) You should ALWAYS have guages when running an aftermarket box. Yes, the Xzillaraider boxes do appear to run somewhat cool compared to other pressure boxes, but that is no safety net. Every truck is different, and there is no telling how it will react on yours.. I also see that you do not have an aftermarket air intake, so you will be dumping more fuel in the engine, but not compensating with more air so your EGT's will get somewhat higher.

Amen on that one---been there done that with Ford!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 07:25 PM

I don't know how that box is... but the EZ was a quick and easy install and removal if I needed to go to the dealer. I didn't have gauges though (lack of money but I had a mild box and that was my only mod so I wasn't too concerned about the numbers getting out of control but yes, it is a good idea to have gauges.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Does the Quadzilla box leave a "footprint" that can be detected by the folks at Cummins? No real point removing the box if they can easily tell you had it there.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:23 PM

One of my good friends worked at a DC dealership, and he was running a Dr. Performance box, and he tried to see if it was traceable when he removed it. He could not find anything where it had been on there. So either take it off when you go to the dealership or find a REAL good buddy at your dealership who dosen't care it you have a box.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:38 PM

This is one of the reasons I am going with the BullyDog powerpup, Just plug in....and Plug out!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 PM

All of our modules can be removed without any traces being left behind. If there is a code left in the memory then it should be left there so that they can diagnose the vehicle. This should go for any plug in module.

Carolina Thunder,

The one true downside to a flash programmer is that if DC wants to look there are a lot of traces left when a vehicle is flashed. This is true for aftermarket and factory reflashes.

We do recommend removing any aftermarket products before going into the dealership for work.

Quad
Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 AM

BubbaCTD, this box is almost as easy to remove as the EZ...
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 AM

what about putting on gauges? lets say i bought a box and installed guages at the same time. something goes wrong and i unplug the box but leave the guages. will gauges void if i where to install them myself?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:28 AM

They shouldn't, but it may throw up a red flag for them to look to see if you have had some performance mods on the truck....

Quick Reply: Does Quadzilla XZT void Warranty??