3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BD Triple Dog

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BD Triple Dog

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new at this Diesel world. I installed th BD Triple Dog Combo pack today. I am fairly impressed with it. I didn't d/l the Crazy Harry program yet due to tearing things up since I have a heavy foot.So far I have done or removed the following,no silencer ring,home made torque tube,BD Triple Dog, Magnaflow muffler,the Kitty spit it it's guts out on the floor. I don't know if my signature will say my upgrades or not, thats why i'm saying this now.
Anyways do I need to install a new Converter & Valve body to make sure my tranny holds up a little longer or do something completely different with the tranny?
I just forked out $32,599 cash for my truck & I wish I would have saved some $$$$$ for upgrades & did a 1 year finance on it, that away I could upgrade everything I need.

So shoot it to me what all you think I'll need to upgrade to keep it on the road more than in mine & the dealers shop?

I've read so much about Dealers voiding warranty's. I talked to a dealer today & they told me That the bully dog or any other programmer will NOT void a warranty.The only way to void 1 is to be able to prove it tore that part up & they said they don't want to spend the money to fight it & most likely loose in court & still have to fix it. I asked them about the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT & they said just keep a copy of it on TOP of your console so they can see it when they pull your truck in the garage if it needs warranty work then they realize you know your rights.

Thanks alot
Bill
Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by HYRIDEJEEP
Hello everyone. I'm kinda new at this Diesel world. I installed th BD Triple Dog Combo pack today. I am fairly impressed with it. I didn't d/l the Crazy Harry program yet due to tearing things up since I have a heavy foot.So far I have done or removed the following,no silencer ring,home made torque tube,BD Triple Dog, Magnaflow muffler,the Kitty spit it it's guts out on the floor. I don't know if my signature will say my upgrades or not, thats why i'm saying this now.
Anyways do I need to install a new Converter & Valve body to make sure my tranny holds up a little longer or do something completely different with the tranny?
I just forked out $32,599 cash for my truck & I wish I would have saved some $$$$$ for upgrades & did a 1 year finance on it, that away I could upgrade everything I need.

So shoot it to me what all you think I'll need to upgrade to keep it on the road more than in mine & the dealers shop?

I've read so much about Dealers voiding warranty's. I talked to a dealer today & they told me That the bully dog or any other programmer will NOT void a warranty.The only way to void 1 is to be able to prove it tore that part up & they said they don't want to spend the money to fight it & most likely loose in court & still have to fix it. I asked them about the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT & they said just keep a copy of it on TOP of your console so they can see it when they pull your truck in the garage if it needs warranty work then they realize you know your rights.

Thanks alot
Bill
Well, Im gonna comment about the warranty first... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT DEALERSHIP because they are crazy to tell people that. DC can void a warranty with the snap of a finger. If you put in an aftermarket radio, they can basically void your whole electrical system warranty because you damaged the integrity of it. When you modify the cpu for more power, thats a dead give away that more power tore up your tranny. DC will send someone out and prove that it broke your truck, its a lot cheaper to fly a special tech out than replace a $8000 motor. DC also screens the repair orders and will question a dealership about a warranty order and why they did to much. Its sad to say, these days you have to prove yourself innocent, just like when you get arrested. You are innocent until proven guilty but they still arrest you anyways. In reality, when you drop an injector, they are going to look for traces of any aftermarket fueling box. If they can prove you had a box on there that has altered any part of the fuel system, they can say it made you drop an injector. When you modify your truck you are your own warranty station (unless you are really lucky). I think having the magnum moss papers on the dash would just **** off the tech even more for questioning what they are about to do.

For tranny upgrades, go DTT or suncoast... When you get your TC and valvebody, i would HIGHLY suggest a flexplate while you are at it. Its apart and a flexplate can ruin your new converter and basically the whole front of the tranny when it dies.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 AM

HYRIDEJEEP, I'd go with a tranny supplier that has good installer support near you. Some trannies are more popular for different purposes. Talk to the installer and tell you what you are going to do with your truck. Suncoast is really popular with the drag racers, DTT is popular with a few draggers, pullers, and a few towers, ATS is popular with towers, pullers and a few draggers. If properly built all will handle your needs. Check with the installers. '06 flexplates may be better than other years. IF you are going with a tripledisc I'd probably recommend a flexplate regardless of what the installer says especially if you get an aggressive valve body. ks