3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been waiting 2 months now for my max module. Are they THAT backordered?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:14 PM

Guys,

I am new to diesel only having purchased my first diesel truck in 2005. I have followed this site and others on Dodge Cummins religiously. This is what I have realized since day one with my truck. (Mind now this is only my opinion and don't want flamed over this)

1. Driving my truck home from the dealer I averaged 19+ on the overhead.

2. Adding PS and MMO will increase your mileage - not! I have not noticed any increase. It might run smoother or it might be me wishing it did.
3. Add a cold air intake and increase power and mileage. I did and didn't gain any added mileage or power. I did however increase the turbo whine and whistle which I do enjoy.
4. Once you hit 15-20,000 miles you will see an increase in mileage. NOT!!
5. One week before getting the "Miser" I was on a long trip in my truck driving through the mtns. of West Virginia 365 miles overhead reported 19.3 for round trip/hand cal. 16.7 mpg. I have had the "Miser" now for approx. one month but don't drive my truck daily(use a vw diesel bug for most daily). I fueled up to the brim and took her on a 330 mile journey Sunday duplicating almost my entire previous 365 mile trip. Overhead 19.2/ hand calculated 16.66. So in my opinion I have had no increase in MPG. I have do however realize smoother engine operation and shifting and I think more pick up in the low end. My .02 fwiw it may help if you are driving on flat roads and little or no stopping.

Bob Riggleman
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM

I expect that this is not going to work for everyone. At 19.3mpg I would say you are getting very good mileage stock. Most trucks are not getting that. It could be driving style, climate or whatever but, the average truck gets in the 15mpg range.

I only know this from a survey we did polling over 500 03-07 Dodge owners.

Now with that said the beauty of this box is it gives you options. If it works, keep it forever and love it. If not you can send it back (we have the best money back guarantee there is anywhere), or you can go ahead and upgrade it to the towing module for a very attractive price and without sending it off.

The vast majority of people that we have feedback from are getting better mileage. I have heard of a couple that have not and some that get more but, not as much as they want.

I am yet to hear of anyone that gets worse mileage.

Regardless of what happens all the customers should be happy. We honor the money back guarantee with no hassle at all. There is really nothing to loose.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Quad

The 19.3 was overhead it actually hand calculated out to 16.7. I plan on giving it more than just 2 tanks before making final decision. It just seems to me that some trucks just get better mileage than others no matter what you do.

Bob
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 PM

I would agree whole heartedly to that. For that matter some respond to performance better than others as well.

If I was 110% positive that every single truck would get 10% better mileage I would not offer any other options. But it and like it. We do have the other options so that people are happy as Quadzilla customers, even if it means they get a refund.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:11 AM

Here's my status so far. Copy and pasted off of another board:

Quote:

I haven't verified with hand calculation yet but here's what I have so far..

Pre-quad box:
1. City driving Jacksonville: 17.5 mpg
2. Base driving camp lejeune: 21.9 mpg
3. Interstate(non towing) at 75 mph: 21.0 mpg
4. Interstate (non towing)at 65 mph: 23.5 mpg
5. Interstate(towing) at 75 mph: 13.5 mpg
6. Interstate(towing) at 65 mph: 15.5 mpg

Post Quad box:
1. City driving Jacksonville: 19.0 mpg
2. Base driving camp lejeune: 24.0 mpg
3. Interstate (non towing) at 75 mph: Not yet measured
4. Interstate (non towing) at 65 mph: Not yet measured
5. Interstate (towing) at 75 mph: Not yet measured
6. Interstate (towing) at 65 mph: Not yet measured

The Gardendale/Mobile trip should finish the equation. Last time I hand calculated the hand calculation was off by two tenths of what the overhead said so Renee and I called the overhead good on accuracy.

I'll double check hand cal versus overhead again going to gardendale and if we're still only a couple of tenth's off all of the new date above should be valid.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 PM

I talked to the DTR store and he said we should start to see these go out this week for 98-2002, with the rest to follow. Sounds like the same story that has been posted before. It has been 3 weeks for me, and I am losing confidence in Quadzilla to get the product out. I was thinking of going with other products from them, but I am starting to change my mind. Can you say " time to offer a discount!"
Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by greg@Lockitup
I haven't verified with hand calculation yet but here's what I have so far..

Last time I hand calculated the hand calculation was off by two tenths of what the overhead said so Renee and I called the overhead good on accuracy.

I'll double check hand cal versus overhead again going to gardendale
Please do. Unless the numbers posted ARE calculated, then all the rest of us have to assume they are not valid.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:26 PM

Look, I edited this because I did not say what I really needed to say.

We are building and shipping stuff as fast as we can.

The good news is that stuff is shipping every single day in large quantities. We are hoping to have knocked a major dent or all of the backorders out by the end of the week.

We may not get to all of them but, we are getting most of them. I would think if you had one ordered 3 weeks ago it should go out this week.

I am sorry for the delays, we are working as hard and fast as we can and when you get it, the wait will be worth it.

Of all people I want these things to ship more than anyone but, like I mentioned before, we got hammered and never have caught back up.

I will give a better update later in the week.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM

I still want to know if I switched my order to the Xzillaraider 2 module if I would get it sooner, or is qzilla haven a hard time getting the wiring for those to..And how much more is the upgrade worth.

03 Qcab Sbox
Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM

At this point the M3 boxes should all be going out this week. If we do not get finished this week it should be the next.

The newer harness for the X2 modules will definitely not be finished until the end of next week or so I am told.

SO I would wait, it will be worth it.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM

Cool thanks, If I download the upgrade to the X2 how does that work?? How many programs can I switch to on the fly, and how do you switch on the fly if it can be done. I was on your site and I still not really sure how it works with switching the programs with out the monitor or the gauge thing that comes with the new X2. I am still new with the Mod tuning world thing and un-clear on how all this stuff works and I have never seen any of these boxes at work ether.

03 Qcab Sbox
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Qzilla, you thought you would be caught up this week on the milage max module - is that going according to schedule and can they expect to be available now?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 PM

I got a tracking number and mine is on the way!!! Can't wait.
Thanks Quad!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I added a BUNCH of tracking numbers to backorders last night. The good people at Quadzilla are working overtime trying to get orders shipped!

Quick Reply: anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?