3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qzilla, a web store sells your millage box with a claim of 35 hp gain. I ordered one from the DTR store ( a month ago ) & didn`t know about the hp gain. Is this true or just hype? I would love 35 hp but was not expecting it. What`s the truth?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM

Peak it won't make any power. I am not sure where they got that number though? I think someone else might claim 35hp but, not me.

Now, it does change the curve up some and if you dyno it there may be some gains along the way but, at WOT and at peak power it will be the same unless you download the boost fooling software and then you will pick up 10hp or so on top.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Does it change the curve on the lower end of the RPM's?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:00 AM

MORE RESULTS- After several fill ups heres what I got. 1-2 mpg increase hwy driving (2 was all highway and no WOT). Short trips and stop and go's I got no increase. Most of my driving is the latter which is lame but I plan on keeping box cause I do take long trips often. All of this was hand calculated and adjusted for the 35" tires I have. *Side not, I haven't noticed the engine running smoother and I have gauges and EGT's are definately safe, even when hammering on it. *
Old 10-20-2007, 04:32 PM
HOV

More results from here also: 13.2 gallons used this time around, mostly coty driving in rush-hour traffic. This time around, I absolutely stayed off the pedal and did not do any WOT or even 50%+ throttle at all.

Hand-calc: 14.3 MPG
Normal city range: 13-15 MPG

Gain: 0 MPG

Quad, I'm asking you again because I'm just about done with this thing: how does it work? I'm looking for general info here, not the nuts and bolts of your proprietary info. If it corrects some emissions timing at a certain range in favor of better MPG, what is that range so I can spend more time there?? Is it going to benefit me the most in a steady cruise kind of situation? Are the benefits not as apparent in a city driving situation? If I should be highway cruising in OD @ 55 MPH to get the best results, I'd like to know so at least I can feel like I got something for my money.

I'm just seeing nothing and getting no answers, so I'm about ready to throw my Puck back on and get the same MPG with more fun.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Last time you got 12.9. This time you got 14.3. There is not a truck on the market that going to get 18-20mpg in stop in go city traffic.

The module does not have a specific range in which is works. It is made to make the engine more efficient in normal driving situations. Most people do not use a 3/4 ton diesel for stop and go driving 100% of the time. I know people do it but, most don't.

We do not do anything at idle. We do not do anything at WOT. Inbetween those two things we do several things to make the engine run more efficiently.

If you are primarily going to be doing stop and go driving I does not look like it is going to do anything for you?

If that is the case I would send it back.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:40 PM

Quadzilla,
Are you any closer to shipping some more out?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 PM
HOV

Originally Posted by qzilla
Last time you got 12.9. This time you got 14.3. There is not a truck on the market that going to get 18-20mpg in stop in go city traffic.
12.9 was an outlier; I've actually never had mileage that bad ever. Having just put on a mileage box, I suppose that was the last thing I expected.

The 14.3 I got this time is right in the pocket of my usual average, and I took extreme caution to stay out of the throttle (I wanted to give every advantage to the operation of the box). I normally get in the 14's when I don't care about mileage and use whatever throttle I want.

What I'm not understanding about your product is the fact that my average hasn't changed at all. Even with my urban driving, I still spend a lot of time above idle and below WOT in "normal driving situations", and your box should be showing some effect. It's just not, and in fact even seems to be making me perform at the low end of my averages.

I'm not going for 18-20 in city. If I can get this truck to get the same consistent 15-16 MPG my old D-Max got, I'd be a happy dude.

I took off my Rokktech sensor before I put on your box. Maybe that's a factor right there.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Hodowanec
I got a XZT half a year ago w/ hopes of getting better milage. I drive for milage - engine never above 2000 RPM hwy speeds between 65 & 70, etc. After 10,000 miles, there was no milage improvement. I have kept a fuel log since the truck was new so no fillup error here. My truck is stock exept for minor timing changes (tone ring mod). It gets good milage (22 hwy 18 city0, but I want better.

What does the milage module do different than the XZT? If it really does omprove mpg I would consider.
Qzilla, I'm still waiting for an answer. I also sent you a PM a month ago that is still unanswered
Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 PM

AH the old duramax HOV, what a nice truck. Id give anything to have my 04 back. I think we are (newer truck owners are screwed) with all the new emmisions crap. The new trucks might have cleaner exhaust emmisions but use more fuel to do so, doesnt make much sense.

Signed, Presently looking for a reel low mileage 03-04 lb7 duramax.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM

ok so if i have 2 programmers stack and left on all the time and with my mods i have will i see any imporvment from you mpr programmer or will it do nothing?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Without the Mileage Max
438 miles/25.879 Gal = 16.9 MPG

With the Mileage Max
392.7 miles/25.159 Gal = 15.6 MPG

That's mixed stop&go with some freeway driving. With and without the A/C on. I'm thinking the difference is because I made a run to Denton before I hooked up the MM.

Qzilla, I think I'm gonna stop by your place of business soon and let you check my Mileage Max to be sure it's working. Can you do that? Can you hook it up to your computer and see?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 AM

I just drove 529 miles and made 19.5 hand calculated.
3- 60 mile round trips and the rest was running around with only 4-5 miles between stop and go.
I pulled my 25 foot 5th wheel utility trailer around for 50 miles or so and took my boat to the lake Saturday.
I would normally get 17.5-18 MPG on a tank with this kind of driving.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 AM
HOV

Originally Posted by buddy26
AH the old duramax HOV, what a nice truck. Id give anything to have my 04 back. I think we are (newer truck owners are screwed) with all the new emmisions crap. The new trucks might have cleaner exhaust emmisions but use more fuel to do so, doesnt make much sense.

Signed, Presently looking for a reel low mileage 03-04 lb7 duramax.
I think you have the right idea with looking for an LB7. But don't get the wrong idea - in my opinion the Ram is equal to or superior to my old D-Max in most ways.

The only two things I miss about that truck are the fuel mileage and the air conditioning. As for emissions crap, the D-Max had it in spades - EGR system, PCV valve, cat, variable vane turbo... I definitely don't miss any of that!

Anyhoo, back on topic - I removed the MMM yesterday and reinstalled my Rokktech sensor. No performance boxes for now, I'm going to run it stock w. Rokktech for a week driving the same routes and driving style I did last week and see if there's a difference.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Hodowanec
I got a XZT half a year ago w/ hopes of getting better milage. I drive for milage - engine never above 2000 RPM hwy speeds between 65 & 70, etc. After 10,000 miles, there was no milage improvement. I have kept a fuel log since the truck was new so no fillup error here. My truck is stock exept for minor timing changes (tone ring mod). It gets good milage (22 hwy 18 city0, but I want better.

What does the milage module do different than the XZT? If it really does omprove mpg I would consider.
I had the XZT box also but not sure if it was ever really advertised as having an increase in mileage for daily driving otherwise, why come out with the MM module in the first place.
I just traded my XZT in for the X2 upgrade plan and the way I see it is I can program it with the MM program for daily driving and then reflash it for the "tow" version for the 70hp increase when taking the toyhauler out. Best of both worlds for $65 bucks and long term you get USB programming capability. The XZT can't do that. Seems worth a try to me.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?