3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

10k rpm 200 psi ctd???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10k rpm 200 psi ctd???????

this is from a guy off another website (not a truck site) that i frequent...seems highly unlikely to me. what do ya'll think??

"I dont see them making that pass on 40 psi. I run 7.2's in the 1/8th in my truck and am running close to 70 psi. I limited it to 50 psi before I did headstuds. When I get my other Cummins ready to go, its fire ringed with bigger headstuds and should take over 200 psi of boost without problem. Hoping I can hit that #, as well as work my way into the 5's in the 1/8th. Going to get a 16 point cage and get started on my backhalf. Making it beefy enough so I can still haul my 5th wheel."

"Mine is in my 05 3500 quad cab. The other motor Im building might just make its way into a caged 2wd Ramcharger. If not, my daily driver will get a cage and then some. Diesels work differnt than gas motors. There is a diesel rail dragster at the local track almost weekly. Its growing, might be big someday."

"Yea, Ive been gettting told taht if it gets much faster I will have to throw a cage in it before I can hit the track again.

Truck is a 6 speed with a dual disk clutch thats slipping, so a tripple disk is on the way. Only time I had it on the dyno, I sorta broke the dyno since it was only rated for 1000ft lbs. My rev limiter is bumped from 3400 to 3800, but I wont run a limiter at all on the other motor. Gears are factory 4.10's. with a locker. I use the park brake as a line lock, and boost the turbo by feathering the clutch. Line lock is coming though.

I am building the other motor with a titanium crank, con rods, pistons, and sleeves for the block. I will be running 3 extra CP3 pumps to make sure I get fuel at the RPM's Im looking for. Planning on shifting at 10,000 rpm or so. Twin turbo's, N02 run throw the small turbo to boost it quicker, meth to keep her cool, 200hp injectors, headwork, and a few more little trick. Hoping for 2000+hp to the rear wheels. The stand alone fuel managment is what Im really waiting on now, as well as getting my turbo's redone with ceramic bearings. Hopefully it will be done early next year. Rear end is gonna be 4 linked with coilovers, but Im building an airbag set-up that will let me haul some weight. Dont know if I will need a wheelie bar, but one of my friends swears that Im gettting the fronts off the ground on launch. I think he's seeing things."

"Thats what Im building it for. Between the weight dropped and the strength gained by going titanium, Im hoping to see that and maybe more. To make sure its getting enough fuel at higher rpm, Im going to be running 3 extra CP3's. Belt driven, and 2 will be underdriven to not really start pumping untill about 4,000 rpm. We think they will start to cavitate and not pump worth a **** at higher rpm's so this should take care of that. Ive got 6 custom ground cams waiting, and once I get the performance I want, I will have titanium valvetrain. Done a bunch of work to the head and block. Its going to be sleaved in titanium, but we wanted to open the motor up and reinforce the block in a few places. Mainly where the head studs are going. And the extra's. Found a guy who says he can make us a head for it, and thats going to be the next project after we get the bugs worked out of this set up. Be the first Cummins with an aluminium head. Im hoping to have everything together and running some #'s by late summer of next year. Gonna have to find something to drive while I cage this truck. But, it looks like I can hide the cage (some of it anyways) inside of the plastic trim. Hopefully I can build this rear end to take the torque. Oh yea, Im gonna be looking for 15x18-20" rear wheels that will fit this truck. Im gonna need to get some rubber on the ground, because this thing will already blow the tires loose in 5th, and scream them in 6th."

"Oh yea, my Cummins currently gets abour 27mpg on the freeway. If I keep it at 62 I get right under 31mpg. The new motor we are expecting to top 35mpg fairly easy if we can keep fuel flow in spec at lower speeds. (Thats the reason for the wanting an aftermarket head, 2 injectors per cylinder for better control)"

"When I say Im biulding a motor, it doesnt mean I ordered a bunch of stuff and bolted it on. Everything has been or is being, machined by me. If I could order this stuff, it would mean someone else has done it already and thus is not my time and effort. Ive spent years of diesel forums, and no one is willing to take chances to make something different. Then, everyone fell for the Banks trap. He got figured out, but is still in busness. Im doing things my own way, and trying something different. Either it will work, or I will end up bolting the old motor back in. Not that big of a deal. Yea, I do have close to 30k in the bottom end of this motor, but its built to be the fastest or blow up trying. Also, Titanium is usualy used as an alloy. The alloy's vary greatly in strenght and even weight. Ive also been a machinist all my life and done stuff like this before.

76Baja, you ask about the line lock comment? Once I stage I set the park brake, then run the motor up a little while dragging the clutch. The only way I can build boost before I can get moving. That is the difference between a 7.2 pass and an 8.6.

Forkin, they need to update the site about the Cummins rail. They have run 4 or 5 different sets of turbo's since those. Must be from well over a year ago. Plus I thought they ditched the 9" rear end for a 14 bolt.

Do you guys really go throught life without trying somethnig different? I mean, just because it hasnt been done doesnt mean it cant be. Or at least be the first to figure out that it wont. And the hard way is always the best. Right or wrong, I will have fun with this thing. All the guys who want to *****, but would never try something like this, either way your life isnt gonna change much. Just grab another beer and some Cheetos and park your fat @$#%@ in front of the TV. Maybe you will see my truck on it sometime. Even if its just blowing up."

i tried to edit all the potty mouth words out, so if i missed one let me know!!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

LOL... sounds like Wade
Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

2 injectors per cylinder! WOW that is so cool, anyone know this guys name so I can find out who did that for him? 31mpg ha!

Souns like a guy that used to work with me, he had a brand new '05 with 600hp on a stock clutch but for some reason he always had to have his mom pick him up from work lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Banned

sounds like a story from april first..........
Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Its amazing how people can lie to themselves!
"Going to get a 16 point cage and get started on my backhalf. Making it beefy enough so I can still haul my 5th wheel."
10,000RPM Gale may have a new competition in town.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Chapter President

Its easy to do I just got 55MPG and hit 15,000RPM on the way home from work in my CTD pulling a bumper pull trailer with 60,000LBS on it.

Oh and I can run a 13 flat in the 1/4 with the trailer hooked up and still get 35MPG.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

update....

"Forkin', I might not be able to hit it, but I will try. I turned my 90 Cummins over 7000 with a stock bottom end. Had 700,000 miles on it when I got it, so I know they will take a beating even with some miles. I know quite a few people who turn them way harder than recomended, and the Cummins seem to take it. Duramax and Powerchokes dont seem to like it as well.

Lsufan78, Motor isnt built yet, nor is it in the truck, so these are just goals, not real #'s. Set your goals high so that when you dont make it, you use what you learned and build on it to make the goals. My truck, and the one this motor came out of are 05.5's, the motor was in a 3/4 ton 4x4, where as my truck is a 1 ton 2wd. Although the original plan called for stacking a few boxes, right now Im looking into a who aftermarket computer for the motor. Ive got a friend who thinks he can make something, he's got the stock computer from the doner truck, and says he can make it take different maps, or make something that would use the stock map as a base and be completely adjustable. If he cant, then Im back to an aftermarket head and 2 sets of injectors and 2 computers to control them. I was planning to run the injectors 1 set every other cycle at higher rpms. That way they can keep up with the fuel demands. Injectors have been a problem though. Most I dont think can handle the volume of fuel, but one shop claims theirs will work fine. Guess we will see. Ive got some idea's, but not enought $$$ to just try them all. Its taking time, but at least I will learn something from the build. Might end up with the fastest diesel on the road, or it might just blow up. Who knows, but thats the fun of trying something different."
Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

laugh it up cowboy...this dude's from your neck of the woods!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Sounds like a few guys around here, one had quite the chip(he claimed and Im not joking about this) 800hp on stage 1 1200hp on stage 2 and 2400 on stage 3. Out of his 24v cummins. Funny thing he was driving a smoking 1990 ford. The next guy claims his Duramax runs 9s in the 1/4 with just a Juice/att. Pretty funny when my truck ran neck and neck with them with only a powerpuck turned on.

You can lie all you want but it dosent make you cool or make me like you any more. Your still a dousche.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 PM

opened this up and saw it was long, almost didnt read it but def. glad that i did that was a nice ending to a night!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:55 PM

everyone get their hip waders, its getting deep!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Wow, lets break the laws of physics tonite!! LOL
Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 PM

wow!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM

I hope he doesn't hurt himself when he tries for 10,000 rpm. 3 extra CP3's? That's what, a gallon a minute?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was a kid who worked at my brothers first job who had a problem like this. He would tell people he had some real expensive Japanese car and he was serious. People would want to see it and it would be in the shop getting something done or something like that. One day his dad came in to the grocery store and one of the other more gullible kids who actually believed this guys lies starts asking him about the car.

His dad almost lost it from what I was told. He kept asking his son "whats this about, whats this about" in front of everyone. Pretty embarrassing. Sounds like this guy needs something like this to happen.

Another time a new kid who actually had a Camaro or something and was looking for a certain set of wheels for it. The same guy mentioned above told him he had a set of them for sale. After a week or two of this the Camaro guy goes to his house to check them out and the guy claimed his dad sold them out from in under him.

Quick Reply: 10k rpm 200 psi ctd???????