3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Question for the wise

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for the wise

Well my CEL is on with the p2262 turbo code. I took to the local dealership in Cleburne Texas and they said that they would tap the turbo and clean it but it would take a couple of days. How can it take a couple of days to do that. Does anybody know a good reliable dealership in the metroplex or close to to take my truck to?

I know this has probably been posted before but is there a complete list of codes somewhere on the net?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealership had my truck for almost 2 weeks to drill and tap my turbo. It only takes about 3 hours to do the job, but your truck doesnt go straight in the bay once you drop off the keys...

Here is a complete dodge code list: http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_...cle-pdf-39.pdf
Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

http://www.myscantool.com/dtc/powertrain.html

P2262-Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected-Mechanical. More 6.7l mysteries!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 PM

p2262 means the turbo is sooted up. You need to go to the dealer where they will first reflash your ECM, perform a mobile de-soot, and send you on your merry little way. 200 or so miles later you will get another p2262 in which the dealership will then drill and tap your turbo so they can flush solvent through it. 200 or so miles after that, you will get ANOTHER p2262 in which they will replace your turbo and the cycle will start over again. At least that is what is happening to many 6.7L owners.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound
p2262 means the turbo is sooted up. You need to go to the dealer where they will first reflash your ECM, perform a mobile de-soot, and send you on your merry little way. 200 or so miles later you will get another p2262 in which the dealership will then drill and tap your turbo so they can flush solvent through it. 200 or so miles after that, you will get ANOTHER p2262 in which they will replace your turbo and the cycle will start over again. At least that is what is happening to many 6.7L owners.
Sad but true, "As the World turns"
Old 09-02-2008, 04:11 PM

The CEL will always eventually turn itself off and the p2262 code will mysteriously disappear. Did the soot somehow clean itself out ? No, there is no soot buildup, the system is flawed and is telling the sensors there's a problem. The trucks showing these codes the first week they're driven don't have a soot problem. My advice is don't waste your time and money taking your truck to the dealership every time you get the code. When they see the code their computer takes them through the steps they must take to supposedly fix the problem, when what they should actually be doing is clearing the code, handing you a $20 gas voucher and apologizing for wasting your time. I've been to 3 different Dodge dealerships around Fort Worth, they're all the same. Your truck is fine, drive it !
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jbs6262
The CEL will always eventually turn itself off and the p2262 code will mysteriously disappear. Did the soot somehow clean itself out ? No, there is no soot buildup, the system is flawed and is telling the sensors there's a problem. The trucks showing these codes the first week they're driven don't have a soot problem. My advice is don't waste your time and money taking your truck to the dealership every time you get the code. When they see the code their computer takes them through the steps they must take to supposedly fix the problem, when what they should actually be doing is clearing the code, handing you a $20 gas voucher and apologizing for wasting your time. I've been to 3 different Dodge dealerships around Fort Worth, they're all the same. Your truck is fine, drive it !
These are pictures i got from a member on another forum from when he disassembled a 6.7L VGT that had supposedly 5000 miles on it when it was removed and replaced at the dealer:

Not really sooting up? As further evidence, I implore you to lift your intake and take a look inside it. Guaranteed no less than 1/8" of soot buildup on the intake walls. After 22000 miles of 50% trailer loaded miles, the intake on my '08 looked like a carbon plant exploded. Don't ignore the CEL, but don't think the dealer is going to wave their magic wand and make them go away. At this point in the game, it is my opinion that the only "fix" for this particular issue is to remove the EGR and to do that the DPF has to go as well. Maybe once Chrysler actually fixes the problem we can all put our emissions equipment back on and be happy. Until then, however, do what you have to do in order to ensure your $40K investment doesn't become a flower pot in the front yard.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM

I've gotten the code a couple times and I just drive the truck harder when it happens and the CEL will disappear. It seems that I get about two weeks CEL free and then it pops up again. You want to fix it for good? Delete the DPF and block off the EGR! I've seen pics of the intake manifold and turbo insides and it is not pretty. They ARE getting sooted up although I agree with the statement where they are not getting that way within a week. It took me 7000 miles before I got my first CEL and now they are becoming a common occurance for me. I'm looking into deleting the DPF and blocking the EGR myself. I just have a huge property tax bill to pay by next month and that will probably keep me from ordering my deletes right away. Unless I use the CC and don't tell the wife about it...... Shhhhhhhhhhh......