3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems?

I have a couple of concerns,

1- My TAD B1-04 has had a leak since new coming from the joint between the bearing cartidge and the exhaust housing. it is not oil, the engine is using no oil. While my dad was out for Christmas he looked at it and said that it might be "slobbering" which I understand is the same thing as "wet stacking"( unburned fuel going into the exhaust) but there is nothing coming out the other end of the exhaust. I talked to someone @ TAD and they said that as long as the turbo is producing boost there is nothing wrong with it.

2- When I dynoed in August, the truck acted real bad, it would pull hard to 2K and then just flatline and miss. It would not go over 400 even trying different settings.(turning the TST down/up). I think the air filter was part of my problem in august but I just put an Amsoil EA 4510 in it and it still has the miss. I also was running a holley blue as a pusher (the blue was on it when it turned the #'s in my sig) that just got replaced with a GDP 392 kit and the problem is less but still there.

I now have 53K. on the truck, it has been turned up with the TST since 12K. The turbo went on @ 24K (2yrs. ago) and the Va has been on for a year.
The only change between Feb and Aug. was an airfilter (a BHAF). It also has started getting injector rattle under acceleration (REALLY bad when cold!)and overall it runs rougher. Could my injector tips be worn? I still am on the factory 10 micron filters that I change @ 8k. would worn injectors cause all this? Also would this cause #1 above?

I am thinking the injectors are worn from the insufficient stock fuel filtration causing poor atomization and causing the rail to drain. Am I close?

I am going to dyno it this weekend @ suncoast to see if the pump and airfilter help my #'s. I am working on getting the money together for a set of F1 Flux injectors and finally have another vehicle to drive so the truck can sit for a while.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you may have the wrong forum, this is 7up