3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Not impressed with 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is highly doubtful that pg4x4 is trolling, he has been a member of this site for over 2 years now. with that much time and a low post count, he probably reads alot, gets the info he needs, and moves on. nothing wrong with that in my book. the 1st post had me thinking, but reading the rest, he is just stating his case. no big deal i thought.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM

You run dyed diesel in any of the 6.7 Dodge, 6.4 Ford, or the LMM Duramax engines and it will die a quick death. The DPF will be plugged and if you are running the 350 hp Cummins the nox filter will also be plugged, I don't know if the Ford or GM trucks have them, they probably do. The 6.7 Cummins in the cab and chassis models (2007 emissions) don't have the nox filter. Don't think you can take that stuff off, it will cut your power way down and set a hard code. No one to my knowledge has been able to do that yet, I'm sure it would have been posted on the boards if they had. I watch them all and post on most of them and I haven't seen any sign of getting by the emission equiptment yet. If you want to run the dyed diesel, go ahead, have fun, it is your truck, I guess, then pay the piper.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:02 PM

Dyed diesel can be ulsd. That is what we use in our equipment and burn in our hot oil heater. Doesn't have a thing to do with this thread. Just commenting on above post.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:27 PM

I stand corrected, I had no idea that ULSD was available in dyed diesel. That being said, pg4x4 said that it was much less in cost than the undyed fuel which makes me think it is not ulsd.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 PM

It is cheaper because there are no road taxes paid on it. He is breaking the law.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:50 PM

If Ford front ends are so good why do the aftermarket lift companies change the Ford design over to the Dodge style quad link? Ive seen Fords used for logging,I think I willkeep my Dodge.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, well my first post..
I live in Alberta so I thought I would add my .02 to this thread..
First many companies now are buying f-450's and f 550's for work trucks, so its not like its a direct comparison of the same class of truck..
Second, I would have to say from truck shopping for the last 2 months, that any truck that has been in the bush or the oil patch for part of its life is a flogged horse.. Our market is full of them, the majority of them are fords for the simple reason they are the cheapest truck when bought under a fleet number.
Go to any used dealer in Alberta and there will be a low mileage white ford f series diesel 4x4 for a low price , with some safety slogan attached to the dashboard. Take it for an inspection, you will find it with a wiped out front end, 900 lbs of mud packed up in the frame rails, black transmission fluid, and every low hanging part bent into a pretzel..
Do Fords survive any better, no.. Do they all have problems , yes..
When people get a bum truck of any brand they tend to be bitter on the whole experience and look for a place to vent , its always fun to get some retribution by edited by admin other peoples days to..I have been there, I have a Dodge sprinter that is a total POS, half of its the truck, half of its the dealers handling of the problems.. After awhile you dont care about the good aspects, you just want a place to vent..
You also have to take into consideration, that alot of people driving the trucks in the patch drive them like they are stolen and dont give a darn whether it makes it home or not... Some even get a new truck and take it as a badge of honor if they can break it on the first day..With the employment situation in Alberta/BC, alot of the people hired for field grunt work aren't exactly mental giants either..
My company comes has the mixed brand fleet as well, and each truck has a weakness.
As a long time Dodge fan though, and recent buyer of a CTD truck, I have to say that IMHO, the vehicles are generally very good, the dealer network, and service is extremely poor.. One is probably going to be alot more satisfied with a used dodge with 3rd party service than a new on where you are tied to a really edited by admin dealer service.. Our GM products have alot of problems, but the dealers seem to be far more professional about it then any of the others..

Last edited by John_P; 05-18-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Using words or symbols to post profane words.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
it is highly doubtful that pg4x4 is trolling, he has been a member of this site for over 2 years now. with that much time and a low post count, he probably reads alot, gets the info he needs, and moves on. nothing wrong with that in my book. the 1st post had me thinking, but reading the rest, he is just stating his case. no big deal i thought.
I've been a member of a site since 2001 and have a single digit post count...

All 8 posts have been trolling.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
I agree. That's one thing I hate to see come from other members. This post is my opinion about the matter. When someone expresses some displeasure about our engine of choice they seem to be chastised for having something every human has: An opinion. If people want to troll, so be it. If you make it obvious that you are trolling - which IMO pg4x4 has NOT - then yeah, be prepared for some critisism. But if someone isn't happy with something lets help them get happy instead of being immature about it and calling them a troll....
Old 04-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Maxt, you sound like you might be from Grande prairie. Where are you from?

What Maxt says is true, I dont think that anywheres else in NA can you get the conditions like we do up here. And not only that but the mental capacities of the guys driving them is very questionable too.

Kevin
Old 04-22-2007, 07:42 PM

A person would have to crazy or not know any better to buy a truck in northern albert/bc. Pretty much every diesel truck has been drivin like it is stolen.

I just learned the hard way last night why u dont put 1/2 ton tires on a 1ton. I hit a pot hole and the tire blew and took a big chunk out of my rim. Reason I had 1/2 ton tires on cause I was about to trade the truck off, so I stuck some scabby tires on.

Dyed ulsd is mixed right at the pump before it goes into the hose and into ur truck. I Know the ones around there is a alum box ontop of the pump where the dye is added right there at the pump. Besides that the fuel going to that pump is the same as every other pump. I know u can turn the dye off if u get the lid open. Which the ones around here aren't locked.

I do alot of reading and searching for stuff, but not much posting. I usally do more pm to talk to certain people about stuff.

I have been drving my truck around with out the 35" tires on and no tidy tank or anything in the back and the torque doesn't slip anymore. So I dkn what the deal is with this truck. Instead of trading the 06 off, its just going to get added into the fleet of truck cause it has extended warrenty and u can't cancel it.

I know in pg here the chev dealership is the best one for service. Dodge seems to always be busy and has a weak tranny guy. But dodge will warrenty the truck even if it has had a tuner/programmer. in it. Where ford is abit more tighter on the whole tuner/programmer deal.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Uh oh, you said a bad word!

Well sometimes things just don't meet peoples standards I guess.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 PM

max, you may wanna go back & edit a couple parts of that post before the mods do, if you're gonna hang around here ya gotta learn to hold your tongue, else you'll not post in these forums for long, not trying to tell a man his business or anything, but I thought you may appreciate the warning!! lol but otherwise a very well said post! now hurry & get the bad words out before the mods get ticked!!! Dusty
Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm bad for using bad words and with out even noticeing it. I guess its from the area u live in. U hear some words everyday and u dont even think twice about what is said or how its said.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey mine has the death wobble , try living with that I finally semi-fixed it but spent $60 out of my pocket b/c the local dealer is useless and does not even aknowledge the problem.

Quick Reply: Not impressed with 6.7