3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Both 08 6.7's DOA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say you have or had a fuel problem being both have injector problems. When was the last time the filter was replaced on your diesel pump you dispense your fuel? I also hope your using the high quality Fleetguard Stratapore fuel filters and not the cheaper Dodge brand. BTW the Fleetguard is a much better filter then the Dodge as the Dodge brand is made from paper media and the Fleetguard uses synthetic media. It also has a better micron & dirt capacity rating then Dodge and why it cost more then the Dodge filter.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DBLR
I would say you have or had a fuel problem being both have injector problems. When was the last time the filter was replaced on your diesel pump you dispense your fuel? I also hope your using the high quality Fleetguard Stratapore fuel filters and not the cheaper Dodge brand. BTW the Fleetguard is a much better filter then the Dodge as the Dodge brand is made from paper media and the Fleetguard uses synthetic media. It also has a better micron & dirt capacity rating then Dodge and why it cost more then the Dodge filter.
my fuel filter is still the original from the factory.
on the quad cab i pretty they used Dodge filters.
as for the filter on the pump on am not sure but
my guess is it is maintained regularly.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:24 PM

well i just got off the phone with the dealer.

they changed the #1 fuel injector and ran the truck for about 10 miles. took the truck over to the detail department to give it a once over and the truck would not start.

so i am truckless for the holiday weekend. they said they would talk to Dodge engineers on Tuesday to try and figure out the problem.

the service advisor said that Dodge has been seeing this issue throughout the system. i don't know if it is BS or not.

the shopping for a new truck begins this weekend.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by MegaCabinPA
well i just got off the phone with the dealer.

they changed the #1 fuel injector and ran the truck for about 10 miles. took the truck over to the detail department to give it a once over and the truck would not start.

so i am truckless for the holiday weekend. they said they would talk to Dodge engineers on Tuesday to try and figure out the problem.

the service advisor said that Dodge has been seeing this issue throughout the system. i don't know if it is BS or not.

the shopping for a new truck begins this weekend.
Sorry to hear about your problems. To answer your question yes they can load a flash improperly where it's doing nothing or making something go wrong. Sounds to me like possible bad fuel and or something was/is or put in your tank. Also your dealer sounds like they have no idea and have had no idea since you got them (I would try and get another dealer to check and see what they find). I wish every dealer was like mine, if they don't know what's wrong they tell you and say that they will have to call Dodge to fix it.

As far as I can tell you about "seeing this issue throughout the system" yes I call not true as 2008 has had little or no problems.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Thumbs down

well another update.

the quad cab just died and is loaded on a rollback and
heading back to the dealership. this is just crazy.

guys i don't think it is a fuel issue. I'm leaning more to
a dealer service issue. I'm thinking this because my truck
was running great until this past Monday when the dealer
serviced it (oil,grease,flash upgrade). something is amok.

I've got a question for past Dodge owners. is the hemi
a decent engine? and how much softer do the 1500's ride?
can the hemi pull a mega cab properly?

thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:02 PM

well another update.

thanks.
Sorry to hear about your problems but sounds to me, the dealer! 1500 will ride a little softer and the Hemi does well in the mega cab but it will be a 12 mpg truck. I would try another dealer that has good diesel techs before thrown in the towel.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:13 PM

Before I'd throw stones anywhere or waste your weekend truck shopping I'd try to have be a little more patient until the issue is found out on the pair of them.Seems ironic that both of your trucks are down with no start/stalling issues.Now its highly possable that they do have issues out of your control but its also possable they don't.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 AM

well another update.

thanks.
Without knowing much of the real problem right now it sounds like the dealer has no idea how to work on the 6.7L, I would try a new one just to see what they say.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge man
Without knowing much of the real problem right now it sounds like the dealer has no idea how to work on the 6.7L, I would try a new one just to see what they say.

I'm starting to think this myself. the bummer is both trucks are
at the dealership right now unable to be driven to another dealer.

on Tuesday I'm going to approach them to see if they will amicably
try to solve this problem. without being familiar with Pa's lemon laws
it's hard to say what will happen. the quad cab has been back for the
fourth time now for the same problem in 2 weeks time.

if they are tough to deal with I'll let my attorney fight with them. once the mega cab is up and running(if that actually happens) I'll take it to other dealers to get trade in prices.

I've read about other people having extreme problems with new vehicles and having to deal with this process. it always appeared to be a very frustrating. let the fun begin
Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 AM

P2262

My 3500 starting throwing the P2262 code a few weeks ago. But it's doing something completly different that i can't imagine is turbo related. When driving and not really pushing the engine, it starts bucking really bad, if i let off the pedal it goes away, if i push down it goes away. the only code it has been throwing is the P2262 so on thurs of this week it's going in for new turbo. 21k miles and the first problem i had. Build date was aug 07, and the weird part is i just bought an 08 2500 on friday and noticed it had the same aug 07 build date...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my fuel filter is still the original from the factory. on the quad cab i pretty they used Dodge filters.
as for the filter on the pump on am not sure but
my guess is it is maintained regularly.
Did I understand you that you have 26K on the QC and still have the original factory fuel filter on it? Being they should be changed at least every 15K if not sooner I would think that would be one place to look where problems could start at and if they flashed the engines computer correctly.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by shinkle627
My 3500 starting throwing the P2262 code a few weeks ago. But it's doing something completly different that i can't imagine is turbo related. When driving and not really pushing the engine, it starts bucking really bad, if i let off the pedal it goes away, if i push down it goes away. the only code it has been throwing is the P2262 so on thurs of this week it's going in for new turbo. 21k miles and the first problem i had. Build date was aug 07, and the weird part is i just bought an 08 2500 on friday and noticed it had the same aug 07 build date...
those are the exact same symptoms the quad cab experienced
when pushing the engine it would buck like a bronco. i hope you are
not next in line
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by DBLR
Did I understand you that you have 26K on the QC and still have the original factory fuel filter on it? Being they should be changed at least every 15K if not sooner I would think that would be one place to look where problems could start at and if they flashed the engines computer correctly.
my mega cab has the original but, the quad cab has had its replaced.
sorry if i wasn't clear
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM

See mine is not bucking when pushing, it's bucking when when you are just holding a speed.... if i push the truck it's fine and if i let off it's fine..
Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Guys, I am probably out to lunch, but what you are describing, excepting the 2262 code, is an EGR valve actuator crapping out.

These are the same symptoms that the ISX trucks with the EGR exhibit when the actuator motor gives out. Normally, it is the EGR sticking in the partially open position.

Quick Reply: Both 08 6.7's DOA