3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

another 6.7 problem? need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by igotyourgoat
yep thats it. I just got the message tonight that the truck is ready???? So let me get this straight: I call to set up a time with the dealer they tell me it is going to be at least a week before they can even look at it. AND that I cant get a loaner truck. I GO DOWN THERE raise a little hE^^ tell them how shotty it is that my family has spent so much money there and the fact that a 50,000 dollar truck has messed up under 6k miles and BOOM I get a loaner truck. AND I am at the top of the list.

They wanted me to come get it tonight. BUT I asked them what all that they did and he said they replaced the steering dampner, tie rod ends, "looked" into the fuel mileage problem as well as "looked" into the intermittent loss of power i reported and they COULD NOT duplicate it. SO apparently they DID NOT flash my ecu LIKE I REQUESTED, they DID NOT enable high idle LIKE I REQUESTED...... So tomorrow I will call them first thing in the morning and let them know I WILL NOT be taking delivery until the latest flash is done, high idle is ENABLED and I am HAPPY.... Its gonna be another interesting day tomorrow...

way to drop the hammer on them!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Might be the last loaner you get.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 PM

A friend of mine just had the same problem with his 07.5. I am going to bet that your death wobble is caused be an incorrect track bar bolt at the frame. This seems to be a common problem with 07.5 trucks. The bolt and bolt hole in the frame is 14mm, and the track bar has a bushing sized for a 16mm bolt. This has been corrected in the 2008 trucks.

Check out this thread: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...r-failure.html

Some of the info is not 100% correct. The bolt at the axle is 16mm (not 3/4") and the one at the frame is 14mm (not 5/8"), but the track bar has 16mm bushings at both ends. My track bar was the same as the one pictured, and the 14mm frame bolt is really loose in the bushing. I have since upgraded to a Thuren track bar. If you look at a new 2008 truck, it will have 16mm bolts at both ends.

Since the track bar can potentially be "loose" at the frame end because the bolt is too small, you will eventually experience Death Wobble. Make sure to get the dealer to check your track bar bolts vs. bushings before you take it home
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Friends MOTHERS nEXT door NEIGHbors Son in Laws little Brother took his Dodge truck in and .......... this place kills me!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM

Your insurance company probably has a rider that will give you a rental comparable to your truck. Of course you'll pay a little more, but if you need the truck for work, it's worth it.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

got the truck back today. vibration is fixed. the sales manager pulled me aside and I was chattin with him. I asked him if he had any 5.9s in stock, he asked me why I was just give up and trade it in. So I told him about the horrible fuel mileage I have been getting and that surge that happened. He told me to fill up today and run a tank through it between now and next week when I go back to the dealer. (apparently there is a tsb out on our stereo systems and all of my speakers are being replaced) Anyways he said to keep up with the miles on each tank as well as the receipt for fill up and if the truck keeps this bad mileage up they will try something new. He told me to keep up with it "like my baby" until it gets close to 12k miles. If it is not any better he said we will discuss other options such as the lemon law and a possible buy back.... that was nice of him.... The truck is doing alot better as far as I can tell so far... time will tell though...