3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Where to Buy Injectors/Fuel Filtration Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to Buy Injectors/Fuel Filtration Setup?

After doing more reading I have reason to believe to check my injectors and probably just replace them. Unfortunately I don't have the tools to check them individually so with 306K miles it would be good to address them.

Question is, where is a good place/website to get a new set of genuine injectors? Right now I am not concerned with upgrades or upping the power, I will be fine with replacement stock injectors.

I also know that proper fuel filtration is vital as well for long injector life....what brand or site can I go to get a good fuel filtration kit to install? Only filter I know of is the one next to the engine which I think is the stock one. No extra filters that I can see under the truck.

I want to do away with the 'not starting unless the truck is plugged in' syndrome and have a solid running truck.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have this kit on my truck, has been working well for 2 yrs.

'03-'12 Cummins Fuel Filter Kit

Here is a premium injector:

BBI Injector Set -- Stage 0.5

Here is stock equiavalent:

Brand New Bosch Common Rail Injector Fits 03-04 5.9L Cummins - 0445120007OE - Diesel Auto Power, LLC

Top name seller here:

http://www.exergyperformance.com/doc...y_products.pdf
Old 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
I would highly recommend "Scheid Diesel" for your injectors. They have been in business for over thirty five (35) years, they are a certified "Bosch" Dealer and can either service yours or get you brand new injectors. They also have a full warranty on all of their injectors, including the remans and or new ones.

Here is their website link if you are interested:

Scheid Diesel | Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, GM Duramax Injectors and Turbochargers

Toll free phone number: 1-800-669-1593

----------
John_P
The following users liked this post:
Truck30Haul (02-05-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Several Places to By additional Fuel Filter setups, From Glacier Diesel, to Sinister Diesel.
The main piece of the equation is the filters.
Since the New Testing Standards came out some are still using old standards on older Cellulose media filters.
Here is a Link with Lots of Info
Fuel Filter CAT - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Old 01-28-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fuel filtration, here's what I did. I cut the 3/8" stainless steel fuel line on the inside of the frame rail near the transmission, installed the filter head (Wix 24770/Napa 4770) from Fleetfilter.com using brass compression fittings. The filter I use is a Donaldson P551313 (2-3 micron) from Ryderfleetproducts.com. The total cost of this system is less than $50.00. This setup works well for me, but it has been said by others that it is not good in an area that is really cold due to gelling.
John
Old 01-29-2017, 07:39 PM

I've bought the 2 micron CAT filter and WIX filter mount, but still need to get the parts together to plumb it. I'd like to mount it under the intake similar to the Vulcan kits, but I'm not sure what hose ends are needed, and I'd like to have them on hand before I start taking things apart. Can anyone shed some light on what ends are needed, and where is best to connect? I have 1/2" npt to AN-6 adapters for the filter head, and a good assortment of AN-6 hose ends and hose to do it, but what's needed to connect it? Before or after the stock filter?
SD
Old 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM

found it, 12mm-1.5 metric o-ring fittings at the pump and filter housing. I've ordered some fittings that adapt that to JIC-6, the same as AN-6. I'm using all steel Parker fittings, as I've had bad luck with aluminum on solid mounted, high vibration areas in the past.
SD
Old 02-05-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
I would highly recommend "Scheid Diesel" for your injectors. They have been in business for over thirty five (35) years, they are a certified "Bosch" Dealer and can either service yours or get you brand new injectors. They also have a full warranty on all of their injectors, including the remans and or new ones.

Here is their website link if you are interested:

Scheid Diesel | Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, GM Duramax Injectors and Turbochargers

Toll free phone number: 1-800-669-1593

----------
John_P

Appreciate the info....I will check them out. I need to find out how to check the injectors one by one to see which is causing the issue. If nothing else but an learning experience, then it would do good to replace all six anyway.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Truck30Haul
Appreciate the info....I will check them out. I need to find out how to check the injectors one by one to see which is causing the issue. If nothing else but an learning experience, then it would do good to replace all six anyway.
------------------------------
You are very welcome on the information Sir! Scheid Diesel will treat you right. I would definitely replace all six (6) injectors.