3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Very unhappy with Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by J BODY
I don't know what your doing wrong Mr 77, but I've never had a problem getting injectors for a CRD from DC.....and yes, the trucks that get babied are more prone to carbon build up on the tips of the injectors. I've never replaced an injector in a truck that is worked hard.
They must like you better!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 AM

My truck runs great.......

Old 08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dodgezilla
My truck runs great.......

Mine too..........
Old 08-18-2005, 11:54 AM

Yea mine runs good too!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dodgetech77
First of all bluebull i can see we agree to disagree! Im not saying that mods wont void the warranty im just telling these guys from a techs point of view what im am told to look for and what to do before bringing thier trucks in for repairs as far as removing modules and other possible warranty voiding bolt ons.I myself have never been asked about exhaust or air filters by DC as far as voiding warranty.Yes every dealership and tech is different but atleast i can give you all a fighting chance as to what they are going to look for! Sorry guys im just trying give a little help because im like you guys STOCK SUCKS!!!

Second i dont know your story behind your truck and its warranty being voided but you did say that your truck was modded and looking at your decription at the bottom of your post looks heavily modded! Im not really sure how you would expect them to warranty your truck like that ? The only parts that are performance parts that are covered underr warranty are mopar perfromance parts and last i checked they didnt offer modules or injectors! also i know for a fact the mods you had done to your truck like ,and heres your quote!..........."Dodge cummins that had stage 1 injectors, edge comp, 4" exhaust, modified auto, BHAF, and a host of other goodies. took off what I could before trading"....................So quit blaming DC for you causing damaging your truck!!!!! You modded it you got caught and you paid TOO BAD!!! Your SOBB story isnt holding water with me!!!!
Like you said; " SECOND I DON'T KNOW YOUR STORY BEHIND YOUR TRUCK AND ITS WARRANTY BEING VOIDED". You know what they say about assumeing things. It makes an as u me.
All the extra mods (except injectors) came after DC voided my warranty. I figured why not, the warranty is already voided. The dealership had me put in higher Hp injectors because of low power complaint that the dealership or star or DC could not fix. Maybe the low power complaints on the early 24 valve trucks was one of those thing you forgot about that you spoke about earlier in one your posts responding to me. So I guess I will keep blaming DC and the dealership and their tech for damaging my truck and voiding my paid for warranty. Hey, your statement just gave me an idea about damaging my truck, thats what the dealership done, maybe I should sue them, maybe everyone should sue every dealership for damaging their truck and having their warranty voided. Na, like I said earlier, "unless you have Bill Gates money".

You can defend your point all you want it still does not change the fact that DC will void your warranty if your truck is modified. I choose to point out the way DC looks for such things. I know this because it was done to me and lots of other people on this board and other boards. You choose what ever way you want to give people bad information all you want, there will be guys like me that have experienced big corporate america at it's worst.

(Quote): The only parts that are performance parts that are covered underr warranty are mopar perfromance parts and last i checked they didnt offer modules or injectors! (unquote) Then why are you telling people that a module will not void their warranty if they take it off before going to the dealer? like I said before DC asks for parts back after (maybe not all) warranty claims. Do you send in defective parts from some one else's vehicle when your asked. Oh please tell me DC never asks for defective parts returned for inspection. You know what that would make you.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM

First thanks SuperDuty for what to me sounds like good scince...

question is - idle time and cooldown timers.. I have 4 gauges (2 egt's) and a cooldown timer set at approx 325 F.. question is not the temp but extra idle time that builds up over time.... lots of idle time over NO timer installed!! as in dealer running load cyles and idle time... I do know that the local tech told me that DC asks them to check the cyles/idle numbers! a cooldown timer for the turbo bearing would throw all this stuff off...

Guess I have had too much coffee and NOT thinking long enough on the numbers.. Don't think the cooldown timers hours mount to much over idel at red lights... but then again it is more idle time...
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM

(Quote): The only parts that are performance parts that are covered underr warranty are mopar perfromance parts and last i checked they didnt offer modules or injectors! (unquote) Then why are you telling people that a module will not void their warranty if they take it off before going to the dealer? like I said before DC asks for parts back after (maybe not all) warranty claims. Do you send in defective parts from some one else's vehicle when your asked. Oh please tell me DC never asks for defective parts returned for inspection. You know what that would make you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Im not telling people a module will not void their warranty!!!!!! can you not READ!!!!!!!!What im trying to tell people is that when you go in for warranty work to take off the modules!!!!!!Thats why i recomend a EDGE EZ type module because two plugs and its off the truck!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

(Quote): The only parts that are performance parts that are covered underr warranty are mopar perfromance parts and last i checked they didnt offer modules or injectors! (unquote) Then why are you telling people that a module will not void their warranty if they take it off before going to the dealer? like I said before DC asks for parts back after (maybe not all) warranty claims. Do you send in defective parts from some one else's vehicle when your asked. Oh please tell me DC never asks for defective parts returned for inspection. You know what that would make you.

Im not telling people a module will not void their warranty!!!!!! can you not READ!!!!!!!!What im trying to tell people is that when you go in for warranty work to take off the modules!!!!!!Thats why i recomend a EDGE EZ type module because two plugs and its off the truck!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Can you not understand, it's still tracable.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Forum Rules

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

Post removed due to numerous violations of above rules.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

quote removed since post was removed

You can try and ruffle my feathers all you want but we know where the truth is and who's who. Man with an attitude like yours no wonder people don't trust dealerships or techs. People really like to spout off when they know they don't have to come face to face.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 PM

How is two plugs traceable? Do you think the DRB or the ECM comes out and says i had a module hooked to me!!!!!! In fact i bet the duty cycle monitor that they live by would show the proper amount of hard running they like to see!!!! It can not be proved that a module such a an edge ez was ever installed! short of a hidden camera under the hood or maybe if you left the velcro strips on the fuse box cover!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Your the genious mechanic, you figure it out. I'am not going into detail that you can try and misinform people about. Maybe you should talk to Edge products yourself so you can tell them it's not tracable too.If the EZ is not tracable I would have had one on as soon as I bought this truck.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thread is done, thanx to a couple (ok, maybe one) poster.

phox