3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Very unhappy with Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Very unhappy with Dodge

I have an 05 CTD that I bought new in Feb I currently have 9000 miles on it. I have the white smoke rough idle problem each morning when I start it. I took it in and they replaced the #1 injector which did not fix the problem. I returned the truck to the dealer and they found the # 2 and #5 injectors to be bad also. Well Dodge wont send out new injectors because I dont work the truck hard enough. They told me that they were not going to replace the injectors because they would just go bad again. The dealer has been good about it with me and they are frustrated with Dodge too. The service manager said they have 2 other trucks that they are having the owners keep logs of how they are driving so they can go back to Dodge and show them the data.

I am so mad at Dodge right now I dont know what to do. How can they sell a truck that cant be used as a daily commuter with out telling you that this will happen? I do on weekends tow a 30 foot TT thats about 8500lbs My buddy has an 4.5 that he drives the same as I do with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas other then putting the truck on high idle for 5 days to lower my idle time?
I have been running PS in most of the time. The dealer told me to dump a whold bunch in for 2 or 3 tanks.

I really like the truck but I also dont want to have these problems for the next 100K miles.

Any ideas or help???
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Banned

romp on it like ya stole it, load the bed up with stuff that weighs a lot and romp on it some more. lather, rinse, repeat. heck maybe a hoss bedliner would help
Old 08-15-2005, 07:55 PM

That does not sound right, how can Dodge deny a warranty at <10K miles? Sounds like a call to Detroit is in order.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Change up and run Stanadyne.... use 1 bottle QT in the whole tank!

Then drive the pissersnot out of it..... let turbo cool down and repeat.

Keep doing it until you run out of diesel. (Maybe at a GM Dealership J/K )

If it is still smoking, get busy with DCX
Old 08-15-2005, 07:59 PM

I bought my truck new in 2003 and it has never towed a **** thing. Until this year (35000 miles later), I never even had a good load in the bed. It runs like a top. I don't buy what your dealer is selling .... and I say your dealer cause I don't think DC would be dumb enough to say what they say they're saying.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:08 PM

take it to a local cummins service center and ask them for an analysis in writing . Then take it back to a (different) dodge dealership with the letter from Cummins.
Dodge really needs to give the service of these engines directly to Cummins as they have VERY few competent diesel mecanics
Old 08-15-2005, 09:22 PM

do you know any lawyers?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Berak
I bought my truck new in 2003 and it has never towed a **** thing. Until this year (35000 miles later), I never even had a good load in the bed. It runs like a top. I don't buy what your dealer is selling .... and I say your dealer cause I don't think DC would be dumb enough to say what they say they're saying.
Hes not kidding! I myself am a diesel tech for a dodge dealer in florida and if you knew what i had to go through with DC .............Well thats why im quitting the business. everything hes saying is correct! DC also recomended Standadyne products
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by herb
take it to a local cummins service center and ask them for an analysis in writing . Then take it back to a (different) dodge dealership with the letter from Cummins.
Dodge really needs to give the service of these engines directly to Cummins as they have VERY few competent diesel mecanics

BLHAHAHA!! Thats funny also! Cummins will look at common rail injection like a monkey doin a math problem!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Tiny
That does not sound right, how can Dodge deny a warranty at <10K miles? Sounds like a call to Detroit is in order.
They can and they will!!!!!! I deal with this crap everyday!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM

Thank you all for your Ideas.

I tried calling the customer service number and they are the ones that told me they would not cover the repair. The service manager has a call in to the district manager so we will see how that goes. At some point I have to consider the posibility that maybe I should not own a diesel since 80% of my driving is unloaded. I just sucks because I love the truck and it gets much better MPG then my old gasser.

The thing that really gets me is I dont think I should have to go beat the snot out of my new $42K truck so it wont beltch smoke and run like a yugo for the first 3 or 4 miles. I looked all over the owners manual and nowhere does it say anything about how hard you have to use it other then the first 6K miles it helps break in if you do tow.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 PM

I almost wonder if a small power module wouldnt help matters.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM

Dodgetech

Wouldnt putting a box in really give DC a reason to not fix it?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:04 PM

Well you dont go in there with the module on your truck. the one im talking about is the one i run takes about 5 min to install . I noticed my truck seems to run better with it. Im dealing with these problems everyday and i dont have an answer and niether does DC.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 PM

What are you trying to say here ?

BLHAHAHA!! Thats funny also! Cummins will look at common rail injection like a monkey doin a math problem!

Quick Reply: Very unhappy with Dodge