3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Received 78 Likes on 51 Posts
Not Impressed

So, there were some funny vibrations coming from underneath my 04 diesel 4x4, figured probably something in the driveshaft, i was right looked at the rear u-joint and it was completly worn through. Thats all fine and dandy, the guy i bought it off of used it primarily to tow his fifth wheel and the truck had 70k's at the time. Then the mechanic finds something i sure didn't see, nice big crack in the back of my transmission just above the pan, leaking atf slowly. Unfortunatly i've been off work for 5 weeks and dont exactly have the time or money to take it into warrenty.

This is the second third gen i've owned my last one was an 05, and this 04 will be the last one i ever buy...........seen as how the 05 had to go in for warrenty work just after 30k's

Not impressed, never had this many troubles with a vehicle in my life, time to buy a first gen
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the truck was abused?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you posted in the wrong forum. Try Third Gen Engine and Drivetrain 2003-2007.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 78 Likes on 51 Posts
hah

opps my bad, sorry guys
Old 01-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by C&C Milo
Try Third Gen Engine and Drivetrain 2003-2007.
I just moved it for you.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:08 AM

just wondering what kinda problems you had with the 05 that made you get an 04?!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MoPowa
So, there were some funny vibrations coming from underneath my 04 diesel 4x4, figured probably something in the driveshaft, i was right looked at the rear u-joint and it was completly worn through. Thats all fine and dandy, the guy i bought it off of used it primarily to tow his fifth wheel and the truck had 70k's at the time. Then the mechanic finds something i sure didn't see, nice big crack in the back of my transmission just above the pan, leaking atf slowly. Unfortunatly i've been off work for 5 weeks and dont exactly have the time or money to take it into warrenty.

This is the second third gen i've owned my last one was an 05, and this 04 will be the last one i ever buy...........seen as how the 05 had to go in for warrenty work just after 30k's

Not impressed, never had this many troubles with a vehicle in my life, time to buy a first gen
If there was a crack in the tranny and a u-joint that was worn all the way through, that is plain and utter neglect. Cracks in trannies aren't something that just happens overnight unless you offroad it and come down hard on say a rock or something. And for the u-joint to be "completely worn through" points me in the direction of neglect also...had you paid closer attention to the vehicle when you bought it, you probably WOULDN'T have bought it until he fixed it and none of us would be having this conversation. Did you even test drive it? If not, that's on you If you DID and then found these problems, that's on you too for neglecting your vehicle. I've never heard of ANYBODY just going to bed one night and waking up with a "nice big crack in their tranny"...didn't you see any red oil puddles under your vehicle EVER before getting in it? I know I look for those things EVERY time I get in my truck and i wouldn't drive it if I saw it. Totally avoidable situation here, in my opinion...absolutely no reason to hate a truck, or even a generation of trucks.

Derek
Old 01-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
If there was a crack in the tranny and a u-joint that was worn all the way through, that is plain and utter neglect. Cracks in trannies aren't something that just happens overnight unless you offroad it and come down hard on say a rock or something. And for the u-joint to be "completely worn through" points me in the direction of neglect also...had you paid closer attention to the vehicle when you bought it, you probably WOULDN'T have bought it until he fixed it and none of us would be having this conversation. Did you even test drive it? If not, that's on you If you DID and then found these problems, that's on you too for neglecting your vehicle. I've never heard of ANYBODY just going to bed one night and waking up with a "nice big crack in their tranny"...didn't you see any red oil puddles under your vehicle EVER before getting in it? I know I look for those things EVERY time I get in my truck and i wouldn't drive it if I saw it. Totally avoidable situation here, in my opinion...absolutely no reason to hate a truck, or even a generation of trucks.

Derek
VERY WELL SAID!!!!