No MMO in Canada?? - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

No MMO in Canada??

Old 06-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #1  

No MMO in Canada??

I can't seem to find Marvel mystery Oil at Canadian Tire any more. Has it been banned because of lead or something? I noticed a website petitioning Turtle Wax to stock it in Canada.
TurboTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #2  

missing mmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTed View Post
I can't seem to find Marvel mystery Oil at Canadian Tire any more. Has it been banned because of lead or something? I noticed a website petitioning Turtle Wax to stock it in Canada.
not sure but i will tell you this. whenever i try and buy MMO or power service silver at the do it youself check out counter i have to have my age checked by the store! strange and the store will not tell me why.

i assume the drug people are cooking/sniffing or drinking.

Hmmmmmmm.
dhe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhe9 View Post
not sure but i will tell you this. whenever i try and buy MMO or power service silver at the do it youself check out counter i have to have my age checked by the store! strange and the store will not tell me why.

Hmmmmmmm.
Sounds delicious.
torquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhe9 View Post

Hmmmmmmm.
I see- they must be using it to make crystal meth. Now you can't use it in your truck because of that>
Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #5  

Sorry for double posting, but I've also noticed that I can't get Howes Meaner Cleaner (just regular Howes) at Flying J's for a few months now. If this is because of drug abuse, it's another instance of how unfair it is to all of us. I know there are certain products used in meth that have to be sold from behind the counter. Where would Can Tire or Flyin J put those? Easier not to stock them. (PMO) (Why not just guzzle a gallon of diesel and get it over with fast?) Come to think of it, someone just mentioned on another thread that MMO has Naptha in it. I think naptha is camp fuel, which is one thing they use in meth. Yet I just bought a gallon of camp fuel at Can Tire yesterday.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #6  

I noticed the same thing...can't find it anywhere. Last year I was on vacation in a border town in BC. I took a day trip across to the US and picked up several bottles and a store on the other side of the border. I may have to do the same thing this year again.

On another note I recently noticed Walmart has started selling Power Service in the white bottles finally. I couldn't even find that before at Walmart.

If you find a source please let us know as I want some more also!
CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXsi View Post
I noticed the same thing...can't find it anywhere. Last year I was on vacation in a border town in BC. I took a day trip across to the US and picked up several bottles and a store on the other side of the border. I may have to do the same thing this year again.

On another note I recently noticed Walmart has started selling Power Service in the white bottles finally. I couldn't even find that before at Walmart.

If you find a source please let us know as I want some more also!
I noticed that at Walmart too. Now if they can only get the silver one before the snow flys??
Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #8  

One of our oilfield supply stores here in Fort St John has lots of it in 4l jugs. CE Franklin. About 17 bucks for 4 Liters.
Swamp_Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #9  

They had 2 little bottles of MMO at Flyin J today. They're half the size and same price as Can Tire. They had 3 bottles of Meaner Cleaner- bought them all. There's a petition on line to get Can Tire and Turtle to stock MMO again.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #10  

Note that MMO is not OK to use in the ULS diesels. Says so on the bottle. Must work to good.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Note that MMO is not OK to use in the ULS diesels. Says so on the bottle. Must work to good.
Right- they say not to use MMO in the 07's, because it contains some sulfur and may put the fuel at too high a level of sulfur for the new ULSD engine.