3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Injector related question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Injector related question?

OK here goes.Sorry this is long.

As I posted a few weeks ago had crank case full of diesel and per local repair shop a cracked injector. Prior to the failure truck ran OK but not great, I added a Quad ZXT and saw some performance improvement but again not tire smoking wheel spinning brute horsepower. So many times especially not towing I removed the box. Millage did suffer with box off 1 to 1 1/2 mpg at least. Remember I normally do not drive heavy footed just moderate and don't try to smoke tires. Now after having injector replaced, only the leaking one, no others, truck seems much stronger and millage is down a little. With the ZXT box it does smoke tires if I am not careful.

Little history, at 20K lost lift pump, at 23K , 1 month later, lost CP3, 4 days later due to repairing dealer "Poor workmanship" lost engine fan, hub, and much more with fan doing $1600 damage that local (Michigan) dealer had to pay Flordia dealer for. Fan belt failure in between probably from fan damage but had to pay out of pocket to get fixed. Then 7 months later the injector failure. Also each repair noted that the rail pressure relief valve failed also (4 replacements so far). Each of the above resulted in no noticable difference in truck performance and "no other problems were found" until the injector replacement. Now truck runs quite strong and with the box really strong. Do you suppose that there was an injector problem from day one? or any other therorys out there. Yes based on this history it sounds to me like a bad injector or simmiluar problem but I have not heard anyone else state a noticable improvement after injector replacement. Wouldn't running on 1 poor cylinder show up as a code problem or something showing up as a problem? Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

I have read other posts concerning rail pressure return line possibly not returning fuel fast or volumn not returning fast enough but think most of these are speculations and a few other thoughts but looking for someone that experienced something along the lines I have.

Thanks....Don

P>S> I have used the Power Service and Marvel Mystry Oil regularly since day one.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injectors

Hello,

I was having the same issues with my 04 and its injectors, When imoved to OK i took it into another dealer. they pulled all six and cleaned them and then stuck them back in. Truck runs better now. Still not as good as before though. However what had happened is that when my truck first filled its crank case with fuel and # 1,2,3 had to be replaced the idiot tech, dealer left those injectors laying on a table in the open air with shop bay door open during a dust storm in NM. Or at least that's what I think happened to it. My point is that my truck only has 39,000 miles on and due to fualty workmanship the injectors got clogged with dirt. The procedure only cost around 150.00 for me to have done and it did help. I had a real problem with low end power and Acceleration. You might try it.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you did have a substandard, but not wasted injector the whole time...