3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fuel/Water sensor and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel/Water sensor and other problems

On my 2006 5.9 truck, the fuel/water sensor came on last week. It was intermittent on and off, finally stayed on no matter how much I drained the filter hoursing. The Check engine light also finally came on. The dealer claimed it was a shorted sensor, replaced it, and also flashed some new programming. Claimed they checked the fuel and didn't find water. Took over a 450 miles trip the next day....the sensor came on again....and everytimg I drained the housing, it went off and stayed off for about 100 miles. Just before I got home from the trip, the check engine light came on again.

I drained the tank as well as I could (ran the engine until it sputtered and died). replaced the fuel filter, and put in some fresh fuel (not a full tank). So far the fuel/water sensor hasn't come on after driving for about 30 miles, but the check engine light is on. The truck runs fine....no smoke, sputter, etc.

Any ideas????

BTW, the dealer refused to cover the replaced sensor under my factory Extended warrantee...but I called Dodge, and they finally discovered that they have 2 different documents out there...one says that it isn't covered, the other says that it is.....but they will cover it, just have submit a claim directly to Dodge.....fingers crossed...