3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Dealer Voided My Warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Voided My Warrenty

Dodge voided my warrenty on my transmission today cause of my bully dog outlook monitor. They said the outlook monitor gives the truck more power but i know and anyone who knows a lil about bully dog and diesels knows the outlook monitor alone does nothing. I tried to explain that to the manager but he just listend to his tech who printed out some dyno curves off of bullydogs web site from one of there downloaders. He also stapled those dyno curves to my paper work and filed it so now i have some bull@#$% lies in my service file. I filed a complant with the FTC Regaurding the magnuson-moss act and i also filed a complant with the PA attourny general. The service manager also told me that anything aftermarket like that voids warrenty and i should read my warranty book. so i did... and this is from page 15 3.1A "(Some modifications don't void warranties but are not covered. certain changes that you might make to your truck do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are: * instaling non-daimlerchrysler motors company parts components, or equipment such as a radio or speed control and using special non-daimlerchrysler materials or additives.)" than it goes on to say unless the part caused the problem. The way i see it is when i finally find someone with chrysler who will take the time to research the outlook monitor and what it does so they can say DUH!! and fix my truck. I am calling the reginal office tommorow to see if that helps, if that dont work i am going to get a built tranny put it in than its off to small clams court for the cost of the new tranny. ANYONE ELSE HAVE SUCH A BIG PROBLEM OVER A LITTLE THING? ANY SUGESTIONS?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

yes i have a sugestion go make some smores and sing because no idiot will touch your truck go get yourself a quality product and dont worry about it again
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 PM

join the club, take a number, and good luck!

is your trans totally smoked?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned

sounds like bad juju by going in with it still on in the first place. why chance it?

good luck bro!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 PM

Not Totaly Yet But Its Got The Shutter Shift Between 1 And 2and When Pulling A Hill With My Trailer In 1st Or 2nd Its Like It Dont Wanna Go It Revs Real High And Struggles Until I Lock Up In 3rd And 4th And I Am Only Towing 6000
Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While I may be speculating, I don't see most people paying for the outlook monitor and not getting the performance downloader to go with it. I could be wrong, but there's absolutely no, nada, zero, zip kind of a downloader on it? The CAN detect that sort of thing you know. There may be more to the story too?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 PM

I Chanced It Cause It Has Nothing To Do With The Engine Or Tranny So I Figured It Wasent A Chance But I Guess The Techs Are To Dumb To See It Doesent Attach To Anything That Would Effect The Motor Or Trans
Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 PM

I rest my case anyone want to buy my 98 12v Dealer told me my headgasket repair came with a 12month 12k mile warranty but when I tried to get it repaired less than a week after getting it back at a different dealer they told me gaskets were not covered under warranties thank you have a nice day
Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by vzdude
While I may be speculating, I don't see most people paying for the outlook monitor and not getting the performance downloader to go with it. I could be wrong, but there's absolutely no, nada, zero, zip kind of a downloader on it? The CAN detect that sort of thing you know. There may be more to the story too?
you love to spin don't you
Old 10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Originally Posted by charger7022
I Chanced It Cause It Has Nothing To Do With The Engine Or Tranny So I Figured It Wasent A Chance But I Guess The Techs Are To Dumb To See It Doesent Attach To Anything That Would Effect The Motor Or Trans

Downloaders don't attach or plug in permanently. That is why they are called a downloader. There are KEY points that show up when the dealer hooks up their diagnostic equipment that show when a downloader has been installed.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Originally Posted by boostedte37
you love to spin don't you

Most times, the whole story isn't devulged. Get me the info for your dealer (the first one that attempted repairs ) I'd like to hear THIER side of the story.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Dodge voided my warrenty on my transmission today cause of my bully dog outlook monitor. They said the outlook monitor gives the truck more power but i know and anyone who knows a lil about bully dog and diesels knows the outlook monitor alone does nothing. I tried to explain that to the manager but he just listend to his tech who printed out some dyno curves off of bullydogs web site from one of there downloaders. He also stapled those dyno curves to my paper work and filed it so now i have some bull@#$% lies in my service file. I filed a complant with the FTC Regaurding the magnuson-moss act and i also filed a complant with the PA attourny general. The service manager also told me that anything aftermarket like that voids warrenty and i should read my warranty book. so i did... and this is from page 15 3.1A "(Some modifications don't void warranties but are not covered. certain changes that you might make to your truck do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are: * instaling non-daimlerchrysler motors company parts components, or equipment such as a radio or speed control and using special non-daimlerchrysler materials or additives.)" than it goes on to say unless the part caused the problem. The way i see it is when i finally find someone with chrysler who will take the time to research the outlook monitor and what it does so they can say DUH!! and fix my truck. I am calling the reginal office tommorow to see if that helps, if that dont work i am going to get a built tranny put it in than its off to small clams court for the cost of the new tranny. ANYONE ELSE HAVE SUCH A BIG PROBLEM OVER A LITTLE THING? ANY SUGESTIONS?
I'm confused?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...55#post1576555

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...56#post1572156
Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

No confusion at all! THAT is WHY the DEALER VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY!

Again, back to the WHOLE STORY!

Everybody thinks the dealer is the bad guy! LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 PM

they said nothing about the downloader they just said that gagit on your windsheild voids your warrenty than i asked why and they said it adds power than i said theres noway that the outlook monitor adds power and they said there reginal tech told them it does and than the tech that worked on the truck downloaded some dyno curves from bully dogs website that i really didnt get to look at i just saw them staple it to my paperwork they keep on file at the dealer
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

they said nothing about the downloader they just said that gagit on your windsheild voids your warrenty than i asked why and they said it adds power than i said theres noway that the outlook monitor adds power and they said there reginal tech told them it does and than the tech that worked on the truck downloaded some dyno curves from bully dogs website that i really didnt get to look at i just saw them staple it to my paperwork they keep on file at the dealer

Answer the question. Do you , or do you not, have a downloader? Just because they think it is on the dash, and don't realize it is a monitor, not the actual power adder, that makes it right?

Quick Reply: Dealer Voided My Warrenty