3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Code -MAP SENSOR TOO HIGH TOO LONG

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code -MAP SENSOR TOO HIGH TOO LONG

What can cause this code to come up? Truck runs fine, but I still have this code. It came on after a truck wash, 2269 came on as well, but I have the filter bypassed by the FASS, drained the old filter housing and the code 2269 disappeared, but not the 236.

Any clues?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Letting the engine dry out will probably solve the problem.

My guess is it is related to your box and whatever it is doing with the voltage from the MAP to make more power. Try bypassing your box to see if it goes away.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 PM

the map voltage stayed above 1.8 volts signal after the engine made temp....too bad it set a code...cause it probly ran good before that!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM

guess that may not have helped... its the sensor on the back for the manifold/w four wires unplug it dry it out w/ a hair dryer....and i have to do a buch of key cycles and the SES will go off .....its prob. wet and slightly shorting out
Old 01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the same code but mine aint runnin right. At 78mph or about 2300 rpms I get a bad vibe in my fuel pedal and stick. That is with the chip on 60 and at 100 horse the whole truck is shakin. Turn it off and it straightens out. I took everthing loose and applied electric grease on all connections and it is still doin it. All mods are in my sig. Any suggestions? And I appologize for highjackin this post but maybe we can both get some help with this.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wap
I got the same code but mine aint runnin right. At 78mph or about 2300 rpms I get a bad vibe in my fuel pedal and stick. That is with the chip on 60 and at 100 horse the whole truck is shakin. Turn it off and it straightens out. I took everthing loose and applied electric grease on all connections and it is still doin it. All mods are in my sig. Any suggestions? And I appologize for highjackin this post but maybe we can both get some help with this.
Mine runs fine, even with the code. The check engine (red light, not the yellow engine light) flashed when I was passing a car in the hills this weekend. I had the Quad on 100, but it never hesitated or made any strange sounds. I think it just got a little wet at the car wash. I will check my codes after a couple of starts and see if its still there.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
wap

I am sendin mine back, somethin aint right. I took it out and all is well but my 0088 code is still there. I assume it will be gone in a day or two though. It has come an gone randomly since I got my box.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 AM

Sound

Wap, I think it's similar to what I have. I still have the noise. Box on it's getting really loud. The noise is there with the box turned off, but very odd sounding? Not sure if the relieve valve is stuck or what? Let me know what they find. I take it you had your box sent to quad??? I'm trying a few things, want to nail this down. I did move the tone ring to stock, still have the noise. Going to move to full advance and see. Seems the more advance I had, the better it ran? Somethings odd, just sounds like a pump cavitating, kinda.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 AM
wap

I will overnight mine to quad tomorrow. Mine aint just a noise, the whole dang truck starts shakin and looses power. I thought the Rokktech had something to do with it but I stopped (on the interstate) and put the factory one back in and no change. I took the chip out yesterday and I still have the P 0088 code, if it doesnt go away by next week I may start to get a little worried.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:44 AM

Strange noise

Originally Posted by TAS05CTD610
Wap, I think it's similar to what I have. I still have the noise. Box on it's getting really loud. The noise is there with the box turned off, but very odd sounding? Not sure if the relieve valve is stuck or what? Let me know what they find. I take it you had your box sent to quad??? I'm trying a few things, want to nail this down. I did move the tone ring to stock, still have the noise. Going to move to full advance and see. Seems the more advance I had, the better it ran? Somethings odd, just sounds like a pump cavitating, kinda.
I see I am not the only one with this strange noise. Let me guess; it happens during part throttle (low load) at about 2,300-2,500 rpm or about 2,100 rpm in O.D?? The turbo sound goes from a normal metallic whistle to a LOUD howl/whine? If you let off it goes away and you can begin all over. If you apply full throttle, you don't hear it until it passes down through this rpm range again?

I have had Cummins/Holset and several electronic vendors on the phone many times. There are several theories like boost sensor, command valve, wastgate, cracked turbine housing, leaks, harmonic resonance, etc. I plan to order a new boost sensor today. Mine will do this stock as well. With the MP-8 turned up to 100%, noise is gone. I would pay good money to find the cause of this noise. Dealer was no help.

I see you too have the Air Raid MIT. I have tried another tube with the same results.

Chris