2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Water leak in cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnum, I think the same as you. But no proff so far. even though the other thoughts that have been mentioned have merit as well. But just for a test, I filled in the upper corners of the windshield with cement or adhesive, so as to check it the next time it rains. If that has done the trick then at some point in time I will R&R the windshield.

Robert
Old 04-13-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure all of the rubber plugs are in the firewall, the one to the left of the brake pedal is huge!!
Old 04-13-2004, 03:19 PM

Mcmopar

Would that let rain get into the cab with the truck parked? Where ever it's leaking its getting in parked as well as driving down the road.

Robert
Old 04-14-2004, 05:15 AM

Robert:
I did the same as you and just could not see how the water could get in the rear light hole. This is a battle I fought a year. I lost , the rear light seak won. I did everything I "knew" was the trouble. I had changed the seal on my 94 but the 96 was still wet. About a year ago I changed the 96 and my pads been dry since. For my part, just being stubborn. Humility is nice.

..Preston..
Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM

Turbo thom, Infidel, Tool, AaronT, Hlcptr, DennyG, magnum, and Mcmopar,

this is to re-open my problem.
And to alert all you guys that have responded to my post. I did the thing with the windshield, I got a tube of cement and went around the seal especially in the upper corners dried out the rug the best I could put dry towels all along the the edge to the door thinking that........."I hope it is fixed now."
Last night my wife took the truck to work and during the night it pored down rain and this morning when she got in the truck she said............"It was soaked again." So! I know one thing for sure "It did not come in through the windshield.

Here again have to go back over all the things you all said to check, Man! I hate to think that I have to remove the topper to get at that rear break light, )*&R%)_%$@%$&*^*&%&%)

I have one more thing to try before I go to the rear stop light and that's the door seal, and the reason I say that is because of the guy at the glass shop that told me that his truck leaked there, plus its the easiest of the two to fix and if that doesn't work then I go to the light.

Its disgusting to think that I've been out smarted.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:28 AM

OK Guys

One more thought on this subject of a leaking cab.

The reason I've picked to try and fix the door seal before going to the third stop light is this; If the rear cab stop light was leaking you would think that the water would run both ways up to the front of the cab, and that both sides of the floor mat would be wet. But in all of the 5 months that it has been leaking the only place that gets wet is on the drivers side, and the wettest part in under where the drivers feet are.

So I have to ask you all a question; If its the rear light and the water runs only one direction around to the front why is the rug all around the back and the back side still dry, and it doesn't get wet??? That is a puzzler to me.

So I have to ask another question: all you out there that has had the rear light leaking did it get the rug wet along the back of the cab? Or just up front? And if up front, which side got wet up front?

OK...................I am waiting for some answers.........................maybe between all of us we can solve the problem.
And maybe there is not much more to be said that has not already been said, don't know about that.
I'm just looking for a clue that might help, not only me but all the leaky cab's to come.

Robert and OH Sick as well.