2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Smooth at high speed trip to ER-room

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smooth at high speed trip to ER-room

Last night my DW sliced here finger real bad with a serrated kitchen knife. After getting the bleeding stopped, she wanted to get to the hospital quick! While we sere all panicking to get out the door, I remembered that the family mini van(GMC Safari) was near out of gas. So... weve got to take the truck (can't let it get much below 1/2 tank cause VP44 might get toasted!)

Anyway, I would never have thought this big truck would be so smooth at higher speeds! I wasn't flying, but averaged around 92 mph, for 8 miles. The truck felt very safe and secure at this speed. While our van can do 90(tops), it does not feel near as safe at that speed! And the truck felt like there was plenty more left if I wanted to go faster. But, I didn't want my wife to get too nervious so I never went much over about 94 mph. The only thing I did notice was that the fuel pressure was barley at 10psi, normal on the highway its about 12 psi at 70 mph.

So far this pickup tow our 9000 lb. trailer with ease, goes through deep snow like a snow cat, easily hauls a ton of gravel in the bed, takes me & the kids to work and school everyday, gets close to 20 mpg oh the highway, and now I find it can scream down the freeway if need be too!! And mine is still totaly stock.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:46 PM

So now I took time to read your post, tell me what DW stands for? Is this an adjective describing your wife?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wondered the same thing, but was afraid to ask
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM

DW = Dear Wife, dreaded wife, darn wife well you get the idea but mostly it's dearest or darlings or dear wife.

**edit**

Hope the DW is doing fine now. My DW cut the tip of her finger off a few months ago with one of those pampered chef vegi slicers thingies. Not pretty but I guess men like scars just like women

Hope everything is A-OK
Old 03-09-2007, 01:34 AM

I guess I picked up the "DW" = "Dear Wife" of another web form.

And yes she is ok now, just in a lot of pain. She had to have 4 stiches put in.(Ouch!!) Thanks all for the concern about her.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Hey, glad to hear she's doing OK. Also glad to know DW isn't "dumb wife"!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned

I used to cut meat for a living. Old timer with all his fingers said "NEVER cut toward your hand and you won't get cut." I guess it's a tautology but, after a while you learn & stop getting cut. Before that day, you walk around with at least 2 bandaids on your hands. Same thing with skinned knuckles from wrenching. Glad she's ok.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Glad to hear everything is alright.

Originally Posted by Junk Man
Same thing with skinned knuckles from wrenching.
Learned that same thing after cutting my hands a lot, why bother with something to small and cut yourself if you just get out the big ratchet or wrench the first time you won't.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Couple of years back my father in law and I were taking down his above ground pool. He slipped and fell into the sidewall he had just cut with tin snips (think slightly seratted razor). Big gashes wrist, fore arm and leg.
Not only did the truck do well at 100mph+ but at the light coming off RM Causway where the New Jerkians wouldn't get out of the way it took the curb like it wans't even there.
Bottom line there was like a unit and a half all over my seats but other then scars he was fine. (Hydrogen Peroxide takes blood out of upholstry pretty darned good)
My brother in law still swears I pushed him so I could save him for first place in the will But we both know there's not enough to worry about.