2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Replacement Dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Replacement Dash

Ok, looking for help on this one. I know about the replacement tops. I have a 97 I put a Genos cap on several years ago and it looked good. Well, pulled my radio out yesterday due to a problem with it and found the frame of the dash is crumbling like egg shells. My BIL works in a Paint and Body shop and says he replaced one in a 97 about two years ago and said there were only two in the US they could find at that time through MOPAR. Any help on this, or do I need to start fabricating one out of aluminum? Talk about expensive, but still cheaper than 72 months of truck payments.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
This may or may not be of any help but Genos Garage sells full replacement dashes.
http://www.genosgarage.com/DODGE-RAM...ctinfo/DRD4-7/

Another source I have read about is LMC truck.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed one from genos it fit quite well othe then the defrost ducts had a small gap but with out pulling the whole dash to install another garbage mopar dash I am Happy with the fit and the paint genos sold me to match was spot on
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Guys, I appreciate the link and the experience, but I know about the top pad. I need the complete dash. Frame and top. Called MOPAR and the part is no longer available.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
eng 208

The link I provided is the entire dash not just a cover that adheres to the original. Genos sold the cover for quite a while before they got the entire dash now they sell both.

If I have misunderstood your original question then I stand corrected as I may have since I see you are talking about a frame as well.

If you are talking frame as in substructure that the dash mounts (though I could swear mine is metal) then perhaps a body shop might be able to point you in the direction of an aftermarket supplier for a frame or the junkyard oops excuse me salvage yard for the frame and then a new dash from the aftermarket.

Hope you find what you need
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 PM

I need the plastic frame that the radio, cupholders, top dash, ash tray, and instrument panel mount to. The plastic is crumbling, right now, I am using high strength structural urethane to hold it all together. That won't last for a long time though, eventually the plastic that the urethane is adhered to will crumble like dried out cupcakes.
The following users liked this post:
Kerley (04-04-2018)
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck with that, the only option is a junk yard
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by rebal
Good luck with that, the only option is a junk yard
That's what I am afraid of. I think before I tried that, I would get help with fabricating one in a similar fashion as the street rod trucks though. May look a little different, but I think it would be nice if painted and done right.
The following users liked this post:
Kerley (04-04-2018)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/...earchItem=dash
I just replaced dash and Instrument bezel(what I guess you are looking for).
Slight difference in color with my lower dash piece but the quality was really good and the fit was perfect. Only real complaint is that the clips to hold the bezel in weren't included or even mentioned so I had to go digging through the trash to get the old ones.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The part this fella is looking for is being call the lower dash panel. The dealers sell them as Instrument panel kit with lower instrument panel without Airbag. Pricing around $650 give or take. Has anyone found a better solution to this other than buying the one from the dealership that mason the same material. I did read one thread somewhere saying that the one he got was different and more spongy. Any help appreciated, I'm immobile.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtilton350
The part this fella is looking for is being call the lower dash panel. The dealers sell them as Instrument panel kit with lower instrument panel without Airbag. Pricing around $650 give or take. Has anyone found a better solution to this other than buying the one from the dealership that mason the same material. I did read one thread somewhere saying that the one he got was different and more spongy. Any help appreciated, I'm immobile.
Pardon the necro here.

Do you have more information on this? My local dealership parts tech was unable to come up with anything based off that terminology.

Model years and part numbers would be very helpful.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:49 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Rsquared28
Pardon the necro here.

Do you have more information on this? My local dealership parts tech was unable to come up with anything based off that terminology.

Model years and part numbers would be very helpful.
the best place to get dash replacements;
Accu Form Inc
Old 04-04-2018, 05:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eng208
Guys, I appreciate the link and the experience, but I know about the top pad. I need the complete dash. Frame and top. Called MOPAR and the part is no longer available.
I also share your problem and do not know where to go, best of luck to you.