2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

DSS install and first test.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DSS install and first test.

Well I just installed my DSS today. Got home from work at 7:00 and was test driving at 8:00. Easy install, just follow the directions. I definately notice a difference in the steering, when I turn the steering wheel -> the tires move!! The steering is still not perfect but much, much better. The biggest difference I notice is going over rough road or railway tracks. Before it would jump and hunt and I would need major steering input just to keep it going straight. Now I just keep the wheel straight and thats the way the truck goes. Now I just need an alignment to set everything properly.

I did have alot of play in the steering box so this may not help everyone as much as it did me, but for the price I think it's a great improvement and a well engineered kit - everything is included. This is my opinion after a total of 1 hour driving and about 45 miles. I will update after a few days and a few more miles when I get them - I don't drive the dually everyday it's just a dirty, dented, old, noisy toy that takes up alot of space and makes me smile everytime I drive it.