2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Best Dealer ever heard of

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Dealer ever heard of

I just had to post this. You guys are never going to believe this!! I have been wanting to get the boost and pyro gauge installed so I call my local dealer here in Hays to see if they do it. The service manager said sure the will install them for $275 and that is for everything, pillar mount and all. Im thinking well that is just pretty resonable for labor and everything. So I started talking to the service manager about the potential of these trucks and such and he tries to sell me the Edge Comp box!!!! I just about fell out of my chair!! He said oh sure we can install it for you and really bring it to life! I told him I would love to have one but cant afford it right now. I asked him about the warranty and how they work around the warranty being a dealer and all. He told me that they still have to be careful with the warranty and such but if the owner wants it they are going to get it one way or the other. The service manager went on to say that they still honor the warranty of the trucks so long as he doesnt see just plain abuse to the truck. He said he hasnt had any problems yet. He did say that if the truck comes in with obvious damage from abuse with a comp box on it they will still have to honor Chryslers warranty guidelines but for the most part has not had anything that he had to turn down warranty work on. Kinda makes me want to stick around this one horse town instead of moving to Kansas City because I know I wont find a dealer like this one again!<br><br>I just had to share that with you guys and gals!<br>Keith
Old 10-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Best Dealer ever heard of

Dang.<br><br>Too bad we can't name names in here.<br><br>Any hints as to where this Dealer might be located?<br><br>Initials?<br><br>Sounds like?<br><br>Charades?<br><br><br>phox
Old 10-16-2002, 05:11 PM

Sounds like a keeper.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:48 PM

Guys, as a dealer myself take my advice. Enjoy this place while it lasts because when DC and Cummins finds out he is doing this he is gona be in some deep crap. I just got a bulletin a few days a go from DC about aftermarket fueling boxes. It is a simple rule. If you have one your engine warranty is void and if you tear up your drivetrain it is your problem. Your dealer is telling you what you want to hear so he can make some money. PERIOD.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good advice Luke!. Ya'll remember the saying &quot;if it is too good to be true&quot; don't ya. &quot;It Is!&quot; Just about the time your tranny goes thump you will meet the new service manager and he will not have any idea how you got that comp box. Or why you have this absurd notion that your warranty is still valid.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:33 PM
Administrator

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=5;threadid=5961;start=0#53928 date=1034810866]<br>Good advice Luke!. Ya'll remember the saying &quot;if it is too good to be true&quot; don't ya. &quot;It Is!&quot; [/quote]<br><br>That is definately the truth. Ok everyone, repeat after me, &quot;I am my own warranty station.&quot;<br><br>That's all I'm gonna say about that. hehe
Old 10-16-2002, 07:41 PM

I wasnt trying to imply that what this dealer does is right or even true, I was only stating what the service manager said to me. I dont think it is right to cheat anyone no matter what the circumstances are. I was totally shocked that he told me this over the phone to be quite honest. Anyone that adds preformance enhancing equipment should be held responsible for any misfortunes that may come from adding said equipment. I have seen on this board some people add the box and then try to hide it from the dealer when something goes south, I think these people need to be strung up for trying to cheat the system. As my late father always told me, &quot;If ya wanna dance, you gotta pay the fiddler&quot; I am in agreement with you on the issue of not trying to cheat the system. I am sure the dealer will pay for this in the long run. Sorry for such a long post, just wanted to make sure you guys know I do not condone attempts to cheat the Mfg or dealer.

Peace,
Keith
Old 10-17-2002, 06:54 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

I am my own warranty station- first because I am in Austria, second because I did modify my truck. I think that if any company designs something to some specs and you alter it, you do so on your own risk. What I do not understand is that sometimes they want to void warranty on your wipers because you installed a different exhaust system. I don't know about the laws in the US about that stuff, but sometimes this can be a PIA over here.<br>AlpineRAM
Old 10-17-2002, 07:47 AM

Sounds like a good dealer!<br><br>--Justin
Old 10-17-2002, 04:47 PM

Hey, AlpineRAM, Do you have the only Dodge diesel in Austria?<br>Michael<br>
Old 10-17-2002, 04:53 PM

Nope there are some others. Lots of 12V- about 16 or so. The 24V is quite rare only 8 or 9 AFAIK. I don't know of any properly bombed RAMs over here. (I work on mine see sig)<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 10-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Alpine, I'm curious how you went about getting it over there?<br><br>I assume they don't sell them there, so you must have had it shipped?<br><br><br>thanx<br>phox<br>
Old 10-18-2002, 01:37 AM

I bought mine from a company going bankrupt. So I didn't import it myself. Some friends of mine do import US cars. <br>AlpineRAM
Old 10-18-2002, 04:59 PM

I know a GM dealer that says if it says 3 yrs you have 3 yrs no matter how many miles. You just have to bring it to them only because if you take it elsewhere and the mi. is entered in the comp. it will kick back. I have never bought from him but know several that have. He has been in busness for at least 35 yrs that I know of.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)