2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Awesome CB Radio Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, more pics to come later, but this is all I took earlier (for the most part) because I got frustrated with the two antenna mounts and just wanted to get it over with. LOL. Anyway, you get the idea. :-)

Below: I ran the 3-wire power harness from the CB into the housing at the front of the transmission hump. Here, one wire grounds and the other two connect to extensions that go to power at the column.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:14 AM

OK, here are the additional pics I promised. :-)

BTW, all the stray wires are for other devices and such. The CB install is CLEAN. :-D

Old 07-03-2004, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking at doing a similar setup with my Cobra 29 (Dale Earnhardt edition )

Except I was thinking about just drilling holes through the front edge of the box and mounting the studs that way. (dual antennas, only one will be hooked up thyough )

anyone have a reason why this won't work??
Old 07-04-2004, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Crimedog
I wish I could get it up where the overhead console is, but i don't wan to scrap the overhead console...
Don't need to scrap the overhead to install there. I got a Shelf-It. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...atalogId-10614 It clears the overhead just fine.

Will be hanging my Cobra radio from it, like I did in my Ford w/a Steel Horse shelf.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:22 AM

I hooked up mine with a seperate fuse block directly to the battery. I've had it for months now with no problems. I have a wilson little ***** hooked up to the CB mounted on the roof.

This is my console in progress

Old 07-05-2004, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by bmoeller
Don't need to scrap the overhead to install there. I got a Shelf-It. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...atalogId-10614 It clears the overhead just fine.

Will be hanging my Cobra radio from it, like I did in my Ford w/a Steel Horse shelf.
Hmmmmm...I could have sworn that those weren't supposed to work if you had the electronic overhead console (and wanted to keep that). You sure about that?

Also, FWIW for people looking to install a CB, I really enjoy the placment I achieved with my installation because I find myself wanting to adjust the Volume and Squelch controls on the radio quite frequently and luckily, they're right at my fingertips. I can't imagine having to reach up into the ceiling to make those adjustments as often as I do.

Originally posted by DieselDude
This is my console in progress

Looks awesome!!! Keep it up!

P.S.-the ghetto empty head unit slot that's being used as a storage space cracks me up!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by STAT 007
Hmmmmm...I could have sworn that those weren't supposed to work if you had the electronic overhead console (and wanted to keep that). You sure about that?

Also, FWIW for people looking to install a CB, I really enjoy the placment I achieved with my installation because I find myself wanting to adjust the Volume and Squelch controls on the radio quite frequently and luckily, they're right at my fingertips. I can't imagine having to reach up into the ceiling to make those adjustments as often as I do.

Looks awesome!!! Keep it up!

P.S.-the ghetto empty head unit slot that's being used as a storage space cracks me up!

my deck was being repaired when i took that pic......made a great storage space for crap
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by DieselDude
my deck was being repaired when i took that pic...
Uh huh...suuuuuure!

I know that telltale boombox in the floorboard all too well!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:41 PM

the boombox on the floor is ..... id keep it that way..... you dont loose the valuable storage space that way....