3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to connect Xact satellite radio to factory dodge radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to connect Xact satellite radio to factory dodge radio?

Hi i just purchased a SIRIUS Xact satellite radio and was wondering what is the best way to connect this to my factory Dodge radio? The Dodge radio is the Infinity sound system with 6disk cd changer.

I been reading lots of replies where they mentioned hard wireing to the factory system is ideal for best sound. Is there a way to hard wire satellite radio to the Infinity factory radio?

i checked out http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...asp?i=581DFCHR audio interface but in the specs it mentions "The factory radio must not have a built in CD changer"
Old 06-24-2005, 01:38 AM

The easiest way is to get yourself one of those antenna input overide things and pipe it in that way. Most people will not be able to tell the difference in sound quality because yo are actually transmitting back into the radio at a set frequency, then the radio just demods it and plays it just like any other radio station
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 AM

Thanks I wasn't really sure the difference in sound quality and from what i read hard wireing it to the factory unit was the way to go. I haven't played much with the satellite radio but i believe it already has a transmitter built in. Will try that first and see how it goes.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:54 AM

RamRat, When I installed my XM radio, I used the built in modultor for a while and it worked just fine. I did hard wire mine due to where it is mounted, between the map lights on the overhead console. The only issue I had with the built in mod. was the fact that we have quite a few stations in my area and although weak, they were at times strong enough to disturb the XM signal. When the other stations weren't interferring, the sound quality is just as good, either way. After hard wiring it, I have had no more problems with the other stations. Connecting it the radio is as simple as unpluggig the FM antenna from the radio, or the extension wire on the floor over the trans., and plugging the antenna into the box, then the box into the radio. I mounted the box behind the dash cover at the driver's knees. The wires are run up thru the dash, a-pillar, and head liner, coming out right next to where the xm radio is.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:10 PM

anyone else have static in there hard wired radios? best buy wired mine in ( for warrenty purpose) and its got static? Theyve takin it apart. replaced everything. no luck in finding the cause of the static

all i can guess is where they got the power from. For some retarded shove it up the shooshank reason they tapped into the factory wire harness for the radio. Im sure dodge wont do a darn thing now to get the static out. Im fairly upset. Sometimes its soo bad you cant even stand it. Kinda like listneing to am radio in the middle of no where
Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 AM

I have the same exact thing. I had local radio shop put in head unit, new speakers and box with 10s under rear seat. Went back next day because of static. They “fixed” it, went back a week later to have it fixed again, they pulled everything and “fixed” it again. It was good for a while now it’s back
Old 07-22-2005, 08:04 AM

Thing that really got me going about best buy this time is to get power for the xm unit ( its hard wired) they decided to splice into the facotry radio harness, right into the power wire, So i cant even use dodge asa recourse now