3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Sirus radio setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sirus radio setup

Ok, I am hooked. I want Sat. radio for my bday, but I want to run by my setup by you experts out there. I was looking at the Audiovox SIRPNP model 3. I want the largest display I have without being obnoxiouly large. I want something with a a remote control too. I want to buy one of those "happy boxes" that plug directly into the radio. Crutchfield says they will have one in 5 to 6 weeks. Then I get the better sound quality that some of you have said that FM modulation doesnt do.
I would get a docking station and mount the antennae on the roof by the third brake light.
This setup would give me the flexibilty to take the tuner and put it in my boat for tunes there.
Any other suggestions??
Old 01-20-2005, 10:59 AM

I got the Audiovox sportster (Sirius) for my rig. mainly because i can move it over to my boat as well.along w/ the fact it has the option for a home docking kit,boombox,and other vehicle docks.I cant really tell the difference in sound quality when music is playing,but when the DJ is talking it sound like an audio stream on a computer.I dont know if this is a trait of sat radio cuz the music sounds fine its just the Dj that sounds kinda wierd.As for the antennae,I just put mine right on the dash next to a pillar.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:23 PM

I have the same radio installed in my truck. I used this cable to connect it to my RBSK factory radio. http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piechry02aux.html I will try to attach some pictures of the install. I fabbed up my own bracket to make it fit on the dash.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:33 PM

Also I mounted my sportster right to the face of the ash tray.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:22 PM

Mine is mounted on the dash. You can see it o my web page under RAM 3500\Ram Accessories I did this way so I could use it in the RV and at home.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:29 PM

Mine is removable as well. I have the home and car kit for it. It just slides out of that cradle into the one in the house RV etc.. I didn't want mine up on the dash or over where I could kick it getting in and out. I will hard wire it pretty soon so I can have the cigarette lighter back. I like the pictures though. Does the radiator blanket help it warm up faster?

Thanks,
Bill