24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Picked my truck up, after LP conversion...Oh boy, unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Picked my truck up, after LP conversion...Oh boy, unbelievable

So as some of you may know had the dead pedal, the codes, etc. I asked and asked til I was blue in the face about the VP44 and got told it should be alright. Well picked up the truck thursday morning drove the 65 miles to work and parked it. I drove the truck home friday night, I had to bring my company truck home thursday night. So I get into the nearest real town, actually where the dealer that fixed my truck is. I start to pull this little hill in 5th gear and decide I need to speed up a bit, guess what.........dead pedal!! I laughed and said holy cow it's doing it again(kinda like the guy at the pump shop said, my friend the Dodge diesel tech said, lots of you said)

So I called the dealer again, talked to the advisor, no diesel techs in on saturday have to be monday. More lost time from work.....after I asked about the VP44.....last week, a lot???? Fix first visit anyone?? So I tell them I'll be in monday and from my dealership experience this would be called a big fat RECHECK and I am concerned that they might try and stick me with another $200 deductable. She said it was the service managers call, sounds like there is really no call, it lasted maybe 100 miles? I told her ok, monday. Call my boss, we laugh about the whole situation and he even says, well maybe they'll put the injection pump on now.....yeah I hope.

I also got my old tank unit/dip tube back from them. I went to looking at it while filling up last night and noticed something odd. The dip tube on the tank unit had been cut near the top. So I had this round thing with a seal and a piece of short tube, then a long piece of tube still in the plastic unit. They rendered my old tank unit useless by cutting the tube. I talked to my dodge buddy and he said there was no reason for the tube to be cut, it just pulls out of the tank and figures there is some tom foolery going on.

So someone is paying for my tank unit and someone is paying for my deductable. I told the tech that I wanted the part back and the advisor and told the tech what I planned on doing with said part, after I was out of warranty I told him old part back in, new stuff out and buying a FASS. I was not mad until I found my old tank unit vandalized, then it turned around.

Sorry this is so long, good thing I did not listen to the guys at the diesel pump shop who are certified to rebuild the VP44.......yeah stupid me My friend(the tech) said the diesel tech that was supposed to be working on my truck was pretty sharp, but the tech I talked to wednesday morning about getting my old parts back and what was going on said he was doing the work and it was not the guy they told me was the diesel tech?? Am I missing something? My mom said sounds like you being whodood. I'll ask them about that too.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Chapter President

I called the dealer as soon as it did it at 5:26 and talked to the service advisor who helped me this week. Just wanted to clarify that.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:57 AM

What is the $200 deduct for??? There is no deduct on the cummins warranty.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Chapter President

My Cummins warranty is out on time, somewhere around September of last year. I did buy an aftermarket warranty when I bought the truck last March which has a $200 deductable.