24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New lift pump WOW

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New lift pump WOW

Well i went to test my lift pump with a test gauge and fittings to see were it was at and in the process it DIED! how funny and bad. Well i got a new one at cummins today, was the same as the part number listed on here in a couple posts but i also had to get the pigtail adaptor for it but it was only 7.49 which is much better than cobbin something up. also got a couple new seal washers since i dropped one DOH they were only 49 cents each! Anyway so one i got the new lift pump on i went to prime it and before when i was priming it the pump would push fuel out the fuel filter housing but it just kind of dribbled this time it SHOT up about 6 inches in the air! haha so i guess my old pump really was BAD!

i had gotten air in the injector pump and so we had to purge that but as i was trying to do that my battery died! DOH so i grabbed one out of a parts truck i had and change one to start it with then once it was running good i switch the batteries...after it was off:-) anyway thanks for the help guys. I should be ordering up new high flow banjos and a pressure guage next week. Hopefully my injector pump is not to toasted...anyway if it is so what i will buy another one and install it..sucks to have to spend money on a "new" truck you just bought to replace all the trucks you were working on all the time LOL

I am pretty happy i found this place there is lots of good info here! Now i just need to check my KDP and install a fix for that and away i go!

Stew