24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Hi newbie here with a question or 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi newbie here with a question or 2

First of all I like to say hi to all fellow owners of these awesome trucks and thanks in advance to any and all answers to this question. I have a 2001 with 120,000 or so miles on it it runs like a champ except when I do moderate or highers turns to the left it feels like the truck goes into an upshift or some sort of trans slipping problem, I just changed the trans filter and added some lucas additive to it, it it still does it, I somewhat still suspect the trans but am wondering if anyone may have any suggestions,

the truck is fairly stock except for a superchip plug-in chip and a K&N filter and airbox replacement, also I have replaced almost all the fuel components a couple of years ago,
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM

OK I fixed it and I now I will let everyone know whats up in case It happens to someone else.

I change the tranny filter over the weekend because I suspected the tranny as I said, welll after I adjusted the bands it took a few times because the first time it was too tight and I could not even drive the truck well I added Lucas to the fluid and put in 4 quarts of regular fluid and checked the dip stick (yes with it running) and it read full, after driving it it still did what it had done before which prompted me to write the post above. well yesterday 5days later I checked the fluid level before and it was 2 quarts low. so now the truck shifts as it should , I know it is pretty simple but as I said the dip stick read full maybe somebody will see this and it'll help them,
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site, 01. Good place here, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Wish I would have seen this a few days ago, I could have helped you out. If you ever post a question, and no one responds to it after a day, post again with "bump...." so that it gets pushed back up to the top of the list. Good on you for posting a solution!

Enjoy your new truck... and your money while you still have it. This place will make you spend it all!

mad
Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 PM

It has to be in "neutral" and running to check it having it in "Park" does not count!!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 PM

Hmmm i checked it the other day in park, as I cant use the parking brake( plastic kick panel speakers pods) I will double check it in neutral then but it is driving corectly now so I think I am on the right track, thanks for the info , also I have had the truck since it was new I bought it with 70 test drive miles on it, I love it and never had any issues that I couldn't figure out, I even gave the dealer some help trouble shooting a bad wastegate on my turbo, I think I will enjoy this site but am afraid to look around because of the potential money I could spent on stuff,