24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fuel Module Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Module Questions

Let me first say that I have the old style module in my 99, and my sending unit is now bad after replacing the lines going into the module due to rot. I am looking at getting a whole new module to fix 1/4 tank issues I also have. I am thinking of getting a in tank module or a liberty module. I can get either for a good price lower than the $300 bills for the vulcan modified one.

So my question is... with the liberty stock module, can I connect my stock lines to it and everything function or is the draw straw V necessary? and on the stock in tank pump module, can I direct fit that to a 99 without any modifications to the wiring harness, since I am using a frame mounted lift pump or is the connector different? I saw that those needed to be "converted" to work, but i'm not sure why I would not be able to mount the stock lines from my module in the hole where the pump is located on the module itself and plug in my current plug for the sending unit and call it a day.

Let me know your thoughts
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
I am in the process of bypassing my "in tank" lift pump with an externally mounted one. Because of the in tank pump, I will have to install a draw straw. I'm using a Draw Straw II. I am using the original return and abandoning the supply. Depending on what you will be using for a replacement pump will determine how it is wired. Most of them that are not "direct replacement" come with a wiring harness that is plug an play.