24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg Mueller
What does the "Apps" do?
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

It is inside the black box on top of the air intake manifold at the front of the engine above the VP44 Injection Pump.

The part Tim supplies is behind the cable mount assembly under the black cover. Note that to get the cover off you need to remove the screws from the two inserts then remove the inserts as they go through the cover and the metal mount for it.

You will see the six wire electrical connector going up into the bottom to the back of the APPS.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Here is a pic. of the product.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1-101_0458.jpg  
Old 07-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I want to touch base on a few things. You guys are able to discuss the product freely. I am paying for the advertising. I understand it's not fair for others, who are paying and I'm not. I'm actually paying for the revolving banner but not using it. My goal is to get a website but time has not allowed me to do so at this point. I'm a busy guy, I work 40+ hours a week and I'm doing my best to keep on top of this. I'm just a regular hard working guy like you guys, I'm just trying to make a few bucks and providing a quality product at a reasonable price. An OEM APPS is just simply price gouging. I'm sure some of you guys are still a bit sore after paying $500 dollars for an OEM unit and it still did not solve your dead pedal issue, then had to go buy an Injector pump. For you guys that are getting throttle postion sensor codes it will solve your problem, those of you with shifting problems it might solve it. Those with dead pedal, it might solve your problem. From the feedback some of you guys have been giving, it does definitly solve problems. One things for sure though, I just made that gamble MUCH less painful to the wallet!!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo01
I want to touch base on a few things. You guys are able to discuss the product freely. I am paying for the advertising. I understand it's not fair for others, who are paying and I'm not. I'm actually paying for the revolving banner but not using it. My goal is to get a website but time has not allowed me to do so at this point. I'm a busy guy, I work 40+ hours a week and I'm doing my best to keep on top of this. I'm just a regular hard working guy like you guys, I'm just trying to make a few bucks and providing a quality product at a reasonable price. An OEM APPS is just simply price gouging. I'm sure some of you guys are still a bit sore after paying $500 dollars for an OEM unit and it still did not solve your dead pedal issue, then had to go buy an Injector pump. For you guys that are getting throttle postion sensor codes it will solve your problem, those of you with shifting problems it might solve it. Those with dead pedal, it might solve your problem. From the feedback some of you guys have been giving, it does definitly solve problems. One things for sure though, I just made that gamble MUCH less painful to the wallet!!
AMEN! !
Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahhh

They called it a "Throttle Position Sensor" when Cummins replaced mine
Old 07-14-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo01
Just installed it couple days ago and works fine, not sure yet if it will solve my shifting problem since it only occurs occasionally but the diagnosis cost you mentioned was exactly why I purchased it. After new solenoids and now a new APPS sensor my checklist of possible problem areas has grown smaller. Thanks Timbo.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM

Update on mine. I put mine on a couple weeks ago. It has totally cured my problem. I wasn't sure but am now.

I had dead pedal up to several times a day - sometimes never - sometimes once a week. Previously I had done the reset APPS procedure and the Suncoast trans. ground wire to battery fix off the black APPS wire. The previous problem I did that for was hunting for lockup - in and out every couple seconds and getting worse. Originally it would stay fixed for a week to a month.

This part cured a lot of headaches for me. Thanks again, Tim.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:53 AM

WOW! Am I happy!! I just installed my new APPS from Timbo01 and finally solved the "dead pedal" syndrome problem I have had for four years.

He sent the part out to me right away, got it in a couple days. It had everything in it that I would need, even the paperclip for making the voltmeter readings. I was going to take it to my mechanic for the installation but the instructions were so clear and complete that I decided to do the job myself. The job took me about 3 hours because I broke my only #10 socket and had to get a ride into town to buy a replacement. That side trip took about an hour and a half.

Everything went together exactly the way Timbo01 described it. The truck runs just Great! Cost me about 1/3 of the ******* price for the part, and zero installation charge!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by glenn-k
Update on mine. I put mine on a couple weeks ago. It has totally cured my problem. I wasn't sure but am now.

I had dead pedal up to several times a day - sometimes never - sometimes once a week. Previously I had done the reset APPS procedure and the Suncoast trans. ground wire to battery fix off the black APPS wire. The previous problem I did that for was hunting for lockup - in and out every couple seconds and getting worse. Originally it would stay fixed for a week to a month.

This part cured a lot of headaches for me. Thanks again, Tim.
Thats exactly what my truck was doing all the same problems.I tried addressing them as separate issues.eg.transmission filter and amsoil fluid then the suncoast battery to ground, new batteries cleaned connections etc.Put the timbo01 apps on and it solved my dead pedal and shifting problems.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 PM

Mine is still great - no more problem - I wish I had known this was it before all the old APPS resets.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM

Got one APPS reset back - no dead pedal so still cured that.

I think this APPS reset was due to the smaller red wire in the factory battery cable - going to the fuse/power box being corroded inside the lead terminal -- pulled it out cleaned it hammered a coper tube over it to make a terminal out of oit - drilled a 11/64 hole and put it on the terminal bolt. Seems OK now.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM

I want one. Sent timbo an e-mail. Sounds like a great product
Old 08-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
The unit appears to be rock solid so far. I haven't totally dialed it in, I have a little more pedal travel than I would like before going off-idle. that is simply an adjustment.

Took a dog's age to get here, for some reason, perhaps because I needed it, but anyway....

Simple installation, good product, well put together, and yes, it works.

I run on some ugly roads, and some uglier roads, and in extremes of temperature, so we'll get a good feel for how it holds up as winter comes knocking again.

Good Job Tim. Keep up the good work
Old 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM

my 01.5 has problems kind of like your saying I just reset the apps but no test yet. it doesnt shift quite rite, gets a dead peddle, you can fix it if you pumpit/floor it or shift on the colomn, it is like its stuck at 1300RPM's I took it to the steeler and they said it was the throttle shift cable so the put a new one in and said it may have junked the tranny. dont have 4k for the trans so I've been living with it and now $160 and it could be gone? no codes. Do you think it could be the apps?
Frank
Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 AM

Mine was coming back when flooring it. Probably need the Timbo APPS fix.

I still get hunting once in a while but no dead pedal. Probably a different problem.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1