24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those that are reading this thread and aint a 2nd gen....it works also with a early '03 3rd gen. thanks Timbo01 it works good so far, im gonna get some miles on it tomorrow, but there aint a doubt in my mind it will work. it already idles alot smoother.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 AM

Guess I'll be going to Timbo01 if I need one, like the first name btw. Can't go wrong when his name is Tim, eh? HAHAHA. That is pretty cool.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Recieved tim's apps replacement the other day took no time at all to install it works great. Beets dodges pos and cost of 450 bucks . Even looks a little more robust ,if it only last a year I'am still further ahead. I can not thank you enough fore effort to track this down. I will let other people now when they find themselfs insurch of a better price APPS............. THIS WAS # 4 FOR ME
Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 PM

Same here. Put it in yesterday and so far it is running much better. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timbo01
I just took care of that. This was a very recent discovery developed as a result of a discussion on TDR and made it over here by another member. I thought I was "giving back" to the cummins owners by doing the research and providing the package deal at the lowest price possible. 1/3 of the cost of a DC unit. But I also realize this is a Free site so I took care of that issue. I want to THANK all of you that took the risk on something that was new and buying from someone they never heard of. Thank you all for paving the road to proving a solution!
I would have to agree with you. I have not used your product but at a third of OEM price and a better unit, I would say you have given back. It would not matter if you made 500% profit, people don't seem to understand the efforts and costs of engineering a product that is better than some POS that we have all been stuck with. On a similiar note, the manufacturer was not the one who brought this component to the forefront, another member did. I see no attempt by Timbo01 to try to take advantage of a FREE site. I also do see alot of difference between him and all these companies selling multiple compnents that you can by from anywhere. Just be glad he hasn't made some exclusive deal with one of theses PAYING companies who will turn around and mark the price up 500%. Some people never think before they type or talk. Thanks for the info Timbo and to the OP.
The following users liked this post:
yfz450guy (08-24-2016)
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see some pics of what you get and the install. The tdr link wont work unless you are a member or the link is less than 7 days old.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM

Cool

I've already put mine in so can't get you any pictures but as far as I could tell it looks just like the stock APPS. Comes with 2 replacement mounting screws, instructions, and a paper clip for doing the initial voltage calibration. Not much to it.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by VWPAT
I would have to agree with you. I have not used your product but at a third of OEM price and a better unit, I would say you have given back. It would not matter if you made 500% profit, people don't seem to understand the efforts and costs of engineering a product that is better than some POS that we have all been stuck with. On a similiar note, the manufacturer was not the one who brought this component to the forefront, another member did. I see no attempt by Timbo01 to try to take advantage of a FREE site. I also do see alot of difference between him and all these companies selling multiple compnents that you can by from anywhere. Just be glad he hasn't made some exclusive deal with one of theses PAYING companies who will turn around and mark the price up 500%. Some people never think before they type or talk. Thanks for the info Timbo and to the OP.
Well said.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM

When do you need this? What problems arise, that you know it is time for one of these?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I would have to agree with you. I have not used your product but at a third of OEM price and a better unit, I would say you have given back. It would not matter if you made 500% profit, people don't seem to understand the efforts and costs of engineering a product that is better than some POS that we have all been stuck with.
I agree with that statement. Some people also don't seem to understand the efforts and costs associated with keeping a forum this size FREE for everyone's use.

On a similiar note, the manufacturer was not the one who brought this component to the forefront, another member did. I see no attempt by Timbo01 to try to take advantage of a FREE site.
You won't see his previous ads because they were removed and after speaking with him, he understands that it isn't fair for him to get the same advantage of advertising his product here, that others pay for.

As Tim states, He is a Stand up Guy and he took care of that issue.

Some people never think before they type or talk.
It would appear that way at times, but I think not knowing the whole story is probably closer to the truth In this case Members of this forum know that Sponsoring Vendors pay to help keep this Resource free for their use and they speak up when they think a vendor may be trying to take an unfair advantage.

That is not the case this time, but unless you saw the previous posts that were removed, You might not know that. Either way, all is well here
Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nitrousn
I would like to see some pics of what you get and the install. The tdr link wont work unless you are a member or the link is less than 7 days old.
timbo's is different than mine but you basically get an APPS (then sensor) with a connector cable made up that allows you to simply plug it into you exsisting wiring harness. Here's a picture of my jumper cable but like I said..timbo came up with a simpler, neater design.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1-009.jpg   Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1-010.jpg  
Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Timbo, you need to go straighten out the guys over on
WWW.Dieselram.com. They think that installing your APPS requires soldering wires and they are discouraging it.
They are also saying that the cruise control won't work with your APPS.

If you enlighten them.....
Old 07-12-2008, 01:56 AM

good day fellas, i will be calling timbo very soon for this part as my apps just started to throw codes, but am in need of locating this little fellar, were is it and what does it look like. pictures would be great but i can struggle through verbal help. thanks in advance!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What does the "Apps" do?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:24 AM

My trans was kicking out of lockup all the time.

I would be going down the road and get dead pedal -- 60 mph then no pedal --stomp it a few times and it would run again but getting worse and doing it several times per day. It threw codes every time it gave the dead pedal and if it worked OK for the next few starts the codes would clear- until next time. One was a low APPS voltage I recall but forget the numbers - got 2 codes.

I called Tim - ordered the part - installed it per his great instructions - set the idle screw - note - it did take torch heat to soften the locktite - gentle on the end where the screw is as Tim's instructions state.

I also went through and cleaned all battery terminals at this time -baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and water and a wire brush terminal cleaner and sand paper, then reset the APPS - throttle as Tim instructs.

Worked perfect - no problems. Truck now runs and shifts perfect.

A great product from Tim.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1