24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1

Old 06-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1

Just got my williams APPS with dodge plugin from timbo1.I'm gonna put it in tommorrow.Directions are very easy to understand and simple.I'll give you the update after the install.Everthing looks great nice packing, fantastic price and best of all he shipped to canada.I'm having trouble getting some parts because the dealers won't ship here.
Ken
Old 06-19-2008, 04:26 PM

Price is great??? more details please. Who is this Timbo1 guy?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM

Timbo1 is one of our members on this site and a couple other diesel sites,I paid around 160.00 including shipping to canada.They have been tried and tested by many.If your in need of an apps this is the long term way to go.Easy install and used in commercial trucking so I believe the longevity is there.Lokks alot like the oem but it has a pigtail wire on it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM

Good to know... does he have a website or do you contact him directly?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Same here looking to replace mine need to find out more asap.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's part of the thread on TDR and some photo's of the Williams APPS and jumper to the OEM connector:http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...y-apps-31.html

As I mentioned in the thread..Timbo has a much neater connector but basically does the same thing. It makes the Williams sensor a simple plug and play item that anyone can replace. Oh yeah....cost is about 1/3 that of the OEM APPS and it's a heavy duty commercial grade part.
Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM

I installed one about a couple months ago, very easy, Ive got about 2000 plus miles on mine, with 0 problems. And he had it to me next day (I was in a hurry) here is his number and email, Timbom1976@aol.com, 717-577-1464
Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 PM

Talking

I installed my timbo apps yesterday and it was about a half hour job,very simple.I wanted to put some miles on it before I gave my opinion on it.I drove to work yesterday and noticed a smoother running truck before the corner and knew I did a good investment.On the highway in overdrive cruisin at low rpms it use to have a flat spot,like no accelleration when you touched the pedal you would have to mash on it or take it out of overdrive to wake it up.THATS ALL GONE.Today I did alot of little errands where occasionally I would get the dead pedal syndrome and guess what THATS ALL GONE TOO.

I can't say enough good things about the hard work and effort timbo has put into this with time and investigation to help us solve an ongoing problem at less than a third of the cost for what I feel is a better unit.
He returns emails quickly and even gives you his phone # if you need some assistance.
Thanks for listening everyone and thanks to TIMBO1 for saving me lots of money and shipping to canada.
Ken
Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I sure hope Timbo is a paying advertiser on this site.
It would be nice for him to give back for the great advertising he is getting
Old 06-21-2008, 03:38 AM

does timbo1 have a website to order the apps from, or do you have to call or e-mail him?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:47 AM

Email him he checks it often and responds quickly.No website but he should consider it.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've put about 5k (almost all towing my trailer) on my timbo1 apps and it's worked great. The calibration is so much easier (and I think more accurate) than oem. Great alternative to Cummins part. Thanks to Tim
Old 06-22-2008, 07:45 AM

I was reading another thread about this and found that his username is
Timbo01 NOT JUST Timbo1 If you were trying to pm him you would probably get the wrong member.SORRY
Old 06-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
I sure hope Timbo is a paying advertiser on this site.
It would be nice for him to give back for the great advertising he is getting
I just took care of that. This was a very recent discovery developed as a result of a discussion on TDR and made it over here by another member. I thought I was "giving back" to the cummins owners by doing the research and providing the package deal at the lowest price possible. 1/3 of the cost of a DC unit. But I also realize this is a Free site so I took care of that issue. I want to THANK all of you that took the risk on something that was new and buying from someone they never heard of. Thank you all for paving the road to proving a solution!
Old 06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good On You LOL Glad its working out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket APPS from Timbo1