1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

wiper linkage and motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
wiper linkage and motor

Ok,

It really has not been many miles or years. I used Help linkage bushings and they have failed again. Do you guys get more than 5 years to these bushings- I'm in Texas so maybe they are melting in the summer heat?
Is it a good thing to replace the motor too?? Cordone sells a rebuild for ~$50.

But I'm afraid it will be like the window motors and junk? Factory still available?

I guess I need to get turn signal relay, buzzer, and a new ignition switch which hopefully is not made in china.

Michael
Old 10-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by samiam4
Ok,

It really has not been many miles or years. I used Help linkage bushings and they have failed again. Do you guys get more than 5 years to these bushings- I'm in Texas so maybe they are melting in the summer heat?
Is it a good thing to replace the motor too?? Cordone sells a rebuild for ~$50.

But I'm afraid it will be like the window motors and junk? Factory still available?

I guess I need to get turn signal relay, buzzer, and a new ignition switch which hopefully is not made in china.

Michael
I don't think it's the heat, we have you trumped on that , the latest bushings on my truck are 3 years old or so, but they tend to fail at the worst time. The original motor can be rebuilt by any small electric motor shop, but those are getting pretty rare too...Mark