1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Thank You Back!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You Jim Lane and everyone else too!

Jim My 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer in late october, I have always been a Jim Lane fan but in the past 3 months we have been in the hospital more than we are at home and your write ups have been great to pass the time and give me something to look foreward to when we get to be home more I,ll probably be able to do the headlight relay with my eyes closed. We are in NYC now in the ICU recovering from a 6 hour surgery to remove the tumor. You will probably never know how much you and many other members on this forum help me to keep my sanity in this eff'd up situation. So I would like to personally thank you Jim Lane! and also a big thanks to all the members of DTR.

Clint Pierce
PS here is our web site if any is interested in keeping up
http://www.sparklyflower.com/

Last edited by C Pierce; 01-31-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: change title
Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I was there last year with my son and i how how tough these times are. Please let me "us" know if i can help in any way.

Best Wishes!
Chris
Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Kiss her for me. Wish the lil one all the best. I saw her picture on the website link. she is sweet. Really makes me sad. I have a 7 and 8 year old. What else can I say?? We all are pulling for your little girl.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your daughter's sickness, C Pierce. It is very unfair that someone so new should have to suffer with something so serious. Please accept my best wishes for her speedy recovery.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 AM

Best wishes to your daughter and family. You are in our prayers!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 AM

Thanks guy's we really appreciate it she's a tough little kid I dont know any adult who could go through what she's been through and not hardly complain a lick kids are a lot tougher than people think. right now she's got tubes coming out of her nose, side of her belly, a cathedor for urine ,an IV in her wrist, a central line or big IV in her right chest, and a port access in her left chest, an epidural line in her back, her eye's are swollen shut, and she still managed to tell her momma a knock knock joke. She still says sir and mam, she's got alot of heart. sorry for the long post i think its just nice to talk to someone besides doctors and nurses for a change and we are homesick this is our third trip to Manhattan and its crowded, loud, busy, and freakin COLD so DTR is like a little piece of home

Clint
Old 02-01-2009, 06:04 AM

May God Bless your little girl and your family! I'll put her in our prayers at devotions at the office. Never Give Up!
Old 02-01-2009, 06:53 AM

Clint I pray that God keeps ALL of you wrapped up in his love. If you need anything thing at all, please just ask.

Peace,

Joseph
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM

I am sorry to hear about your daughters illness. I would not wish that on my worst enemy let alone a little child. I hope that everything works out just fine for you guys. If there is anything you need we are all here. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:09 PM

CPierce I'm sorry to hear about your daughters sickness. Just a little something to maybe ease your heart. Our daughter was diagnosed with cancer 11 years ago, we thought all was lost. Thank God for Texas Childrens Hospital they did their majic with God helping hand and she is going to be 22 soon. She has given us a beautiful grandson that according to them would not happen, and he is 2 years old today. Keep your head up and let the man upstairs do his stuff. Hug the baby for us and we will keep you and yours in our prayers. And another thing you are so right about, this forum and the 1st gen trucks, helping keep our sanity.

God Bless,
Don
Old 02-01-2009, 04:21 PM

You have a beautiful little girl. She looks to happy for anything bad to happen. We wish you luck. We're pulling for you.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Thank you all for the encouraging words its been a rough day lots of fluid around the lungs they just put in a 2nd chest tube to drain the fluid so she can breath esier it seems to be working.

Clint
Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Its very, very hard for me to read this stuff but, Please keep us up to date. I know this is an off topic but would please ask the mods to leave this here. I can't understand where kids get there strength. They seem to have a sense of humor even when they are really hurting. Please keep us informed. I know I will be thinking of you and am pretty sure all that have read this thread will be too.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 AM

Richie O I'll try to keep yall updated I know its off topic too and really just wanted to say thanks to Jim and everyone else but if the moderators are ok with it i'll try to give a short update every couple days if not I understand. my wife updates our website usually every day or two but its been kind of hard the last couple of days we are sleep deprived and just too darn tired to do much else but tend to her.Again thanks to everyone for your concern and the moral support is much needed as we are trying very hard to keep a positive outlook and atitude.

Clint
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Update:

She is doing much better today both chest tubes and catheder are out she is breathing esier (so am I) and sitting up in bed playing candyland. We got some Smile's today should be able to start another round of Chemo friday or saturday if things keep going well KNOCK ON WOOD.

Clint

Quick Reply: Thank You Back!