Help KSB won't stop leaking fuel ! - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Help KSB won't stop leaking fuel !

Old 11-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #1

Help KSB won't stop leaking fuel !

Ive got a 1993 12v with VE Injection pump. The engine & pump were rebuilt about 4000 miles ago with lots of upgrades... Hamilton 188/220 cam, big S300 (64/72) turbo, 5 x .012" injectors, M&H timing advance spacer... which leads me to my problem.

Last week I noticed fuel dripping from my vacuum pump and traced it to the ksb housing. Fuel is leaking between the m&h timing spacer and the ksb at a rate of 1 drip every 10 seconds or so. I confirmed it was leaking from the ksb flange by watching it drip with the help of a dental mirror.

I tried removing the timing spacer but the ksb still drips at the same rate. I tried replacing the o rings even though the ones provided with the M&H timing kit seemed to still be in perfect shape. To the best of my knowledge this wasn't an issue until 2 weeks ago.. only thing I did around that time was to turn in the main fuel screw 1 turn. Turbo spooled up faster, EGTS actually went down on the highway, truck ran great! I thought all was good.

I checked the ksb housing for any obvious cracks but can't see anything. I just don't know what else could be causing this flange to leak.
The engine runs perfectly, same as it did before, just leaks fuel, What am I missing? Could the pressure regulator in the injection pump connected to the ksb be stuck open ? or clogged?

Tomorrow I plan to remove this regulator valve and the banjo bolt on the fuel return line to make sure both aren't clogged and function properly, any constructive ideas are appreciated!
quiksilver1j is offline   Reply With Quote