DDP stage 3 injectors in! review inside... - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

DDP stage 3 injectors in! review inside...

Old 04-22-2006, 01:58 PM

DDP stage 3 injectors in! review inside...

Well, so far I love 'em. Now I haven't done anything at all except swap injectors...that's it. After running POD's forever, I kinda got used to all the smoke all the time, but how nice it is to drive around town and burn nice and clean. They smoke a bit under WOT, but that's expected, don't really care about that. Once above 1000rpm, they pull so smooth compared to how it ran before, but it seems like below 1000rpm it has a little lope, kinda like a gasser with a cam. I'm gonna pull a little timing out to see what it does, I'm at 1.9mm right now. As far as power goes, it doesn't seem to pull quite as hard, but it could be deceiving due to it running so much smoother. I'll have to get it on dyno to see. Anyway, that's the initial review, have about 100 miles around town on 'em right now, so we'll see. Egt's and boost both seem to be a little lower than they used to also, prolly cause it's actually burning the fuel it's using. At wot, boost before was 32, it's 28 now. Overall, Brian happy!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the writeup! We're all curoius to see what kind of value the new first gen offerings hold
Old 04-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Thanks for the info. Are you planning to dyno anytime soon?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Thanks for the info. Are you planning to dyno anytime soon?
Probably not. My ship is in refit now and going to sea end of next month, then in July I'll be going to Norfolk, VA for a 4-month school then back out here to WA and be on shore duty. After I leave, I won't be back out here till January. Should be a nice run for the old Dodge tho, plan on pulling my Trans Am over there and back so I have both of my toys while I'm gone from here for 5 months. And an update on these injectors, I'm still loving them. Hardly any smoke, smooth, etc...been pulling my trailer back and forth across town the last couple days since I just bought a new house and am moving a lot of stuff, and it pulls just great, couldn't be happier. I'll give a MPG update as I get some more miles on it. Only 180ish miles on this new tank right now since I put 'em in, so I'll be getting a true representation of around town driving. We'll see, so far so good tho! Oh yeah, and a thumbs up for Piers!

Brian