Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Problem with Injectors?? DDP Stage 5's??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem with Injectors?? DDP Stage 5's??

I put in a set of Dynomite Diesel Performance Stage 5's (200hp) last week. And needless to say I'm not impressed. With my chip turned off I can't even get it to blow a visible amount of smoke, kindof like when I had my Bosch 300's in. Also, my truck idled like it had a very large race cam from a BB Chevy in it! Tonight I pulled the DDP's out and put my 300's back in, runs fine now. I checked the nozzles to see how many holes they had, 8 holes compared to my Boschs 7, normal right? I hope they sent the wrong ones. I think the most frustrating part is that DDP has been closed this week with no one returning calls, I guess I wouldn't either if I had the week off.

Has anyone else had this problem?? I guess I could look at it like I've gained valuable experience in removing 24V injectors! When I'm welding I get 85.00 an hour, I wonder.............?

Just venting - hope all works out!

D Hall
Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 98.5POS
I put in a set of Dynomite Diesel Performance Stage 5's (200hp) last week. And needless to say I'm not impressed. With my chip turned off I can't even get it to blow a visible amount of smoke, kindof like when I had my Bosch 300's in. Also, my truck idled like it had a very large race cam from a BB Chevy in it! Tonight I pulled the DDP's out and put my 300's back in, runs fine now. I checked the nozzles to see how many holes they had, 8 holes compared to my Boschs 7, normal right? I hope they sent the wrong ones. I think the most frustrating part is that DDP has been closed this week with no one returning calls, I guess I wouldn't either if I had the week off.

Has anyone else had this problem?? I guess I could look at it like I've gained valuable experience in removing 24V injectors! When I'm welding I get 85.00 an hour, I wonder.............?

Just venting - hope all works out!

D Hall

That sucks! you should be blowing crazy smoke with the 5's and the juice!
I hope it works out for you. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:33 PM

I did notice a very small power increase with the chip on all stages, but not close to 200hp, maybe, and use that term lightly, maybe 100hp!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:18 AM

Just a thought but those are big injectors. Could the lumpy idle be caused by that? I have ddp 4's for my 98 12v that I have yet to install but there only 140hp and I was told thats kind of it for my fuel system and streetability.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:51 AM

My 5s with my drag comp smoke a ridiculous amount and had tons of power.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Captain
Just a thought but those are big injectors. Could the lumpy idle be caused by that? I have ddp 4's for my 98 12v that I have yet to install but there only 140hp and I was told thats kind of it for my fuel system and streetability.
Something definitely doesn't sound right. I'll keep on calling Dynomite Diesel for you. Check your PM's, I just got ahold of Lenny for you.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds exactly right to me. You are going to get a lopy idle with injectors that big. The no smoke thing. Well that's just a sign of good injectors. If you want smoke unhook your intercooler boots, you'll get lots of smoke. I have DDP's that are bigger than yours and they'll blow a puff on a hard take off but clean up to none. Beilieve me they make the power.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 PM

Just talked to Lenny at DDP, great guy, gave me his UPS shipping number to send the injectors back so he can look at them. I'll post the end results with Dynomite Diesel Performance!

D Hall
Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Just talked to Lenny at DDP, great guy, gave me his UPS shipping number to send the injectors back so he can look at them. I'll post the end results with Dynomite Diesel Performance!

D Hall
Lenny and crew are great people, he will stand behind his work!

Like someone said earlier, no smoke=a good injector! Mine will smoke if the boost drops, just a haze otherwise. I'd rather feel the power, then watch it blow out of my pipe....
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 AM

The problem was not only no smoke, there wasn't that much more power either! One would think with my setup with 200hp Stage 5's would heat up, well under a load (truck + 4000lbs on bed) at WOT my pyro hung around 1100, couldn't make it go over that! Also, I was only seeing 2-3 pounds more boost (35psi), should see more than that! We'll see what Lenny comes up with. Can't wait to get the real deal!

D Hall
Old 12-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Knowing Lenny personally, he is a straight shooter and will take responsibility if you got the wrong/messed up set. Having seen how meticulous the injector ops are, I doubt that it is a bad set.

My idle improved dramatically with my injectors, I previously had DD2's, even my wife noticed!

Have you looked at any other possible problems? I've heard alot about Edge having quality control issues (nothing concrete).

Keep us up to date on this issue.

Thanks,

Marty
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 PM

I was just looking on another website and seen a set of DDP Stage 5's, in the note below it read this: "Engine Serial # 6462592 and lower will need new connector tubes to prevent fuel leaks." Could this be my problem? I know that my connector tubes came from the original engine, I'll have find the serial #. Maybe????

D Hall
Old 01-05-2007, 06:21 PM

UPDATE:

Talked with Ross at DDP today about these injectors, I should have them back early next week. DDP seems to really care about how their products perform, they asked lots of questions and were very helpful.

Ross told me the first thing they did was put the injectors on their pop off tester and noticed that the injector bodies leaked around where the body and crossover tube meet, all 6! Could have been MY crossover tubes, I checked the Cummins numbers on them and 4 were the updated and 2 weren't, so I replaced the 2. I still haven't been making oil, so I don't know. Ross asked me if I could replace ALL the crossover tubes with new ones before I put the injectors back in, that's cool, I actually had already ordered new ones so there would be no doupt.

Anyway's, great peolpe over there at DDP, we'll see next week if my HP fixation will be temporarily cured! Twins will be coming soon!

DH
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I talked to Ross on the phone and he seems like a real straight shooter. I have no doubt they will help you get your issues figured out.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I'm welding I get 85.00 an hour, I wonder.............?

Do they need more welders?

Quick Reply: Problem with Injectors?? DDP Stage 5's??