1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Brotherhood of 1st Gen Dodge owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan70
i really enjoy when i see another one of these on the road.. makes me smile and wave. If i ever saw one on the side of the road i would definitely stop without hesitation..

In other words. If i could ever do anything to help i wouldnt hesitate. kinda goes for anyone really. i think there is way to much hate for eachother in this world. no one is willing to help anyone. Found that out real quick when i move to the city!
Ditto
Old 10-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I`d be willing to lend a hand or some knowledge, when I lived on Long Island tho there were I think 3or4 folks within the entirety of the Island who drove a 1st Gen (that I know of...one of em did that neato late model mirror swap if anyone remembers, he lived right around the corner from where I was). Being down here in TX is a whole `nother ballgame tho...I see em around daily just about...and I`d still lend a hand if I could.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
Most of us 1st Gen owners are working stiffs, tied down by work and family. That being said, if someone was in the area and in serious need I would do my best to help.
Heck, Mark Nixon has been to my house twice, and I live a looong way from him!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
I used to see a black 2wd in my area, one day we crossed paths at the local
coffee shop, we both parked and chatted checked out each others trucks.

Next thing you know his 46RH is on my bench and I'm rebuilding it for him.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Sometimes I feel if I help a fellow newbie to diesels I can get a sense that I am invading their "space" maybe by overwhelming them with just basic knowledge such as importance of a clean air filter and tightening up the intercooler boot clamps once in awhile. I've always been good at taking hints, and sometimes those type make me feel like I'm lurking around, waiting for them to ask my opinion/advice. So I tend to back off and see if they can figure it out. Any more, I leave it with " here's my cell number, call me should you have a question". My phone never rings. But hey, I offered
Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some first gens are cool some are not
like some first gens have clean neat interiors some filled with garbage life is like that ill stop if i see one broke down but the rust bug got most years ago
Old 10-09-2014, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only actually seen 2 1st gen cummins in my area. D350 parked @ a furniture store & a gorgeous CC W250 LE I happened across riding down the interstate. It was pretty. Pretty like one of those $15k virgin ebay trucks.
Made me feel a little jealous & inadequate at first but then I got back to the house, pushed the back gate open with the front bumper, closed it with the rear, drove over (truck mulched?) some storm debris I'm too lazy to deal with and remembered why my rig is more of a function over form setup.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
There are a lot of first gens here. I see more getting fixed up all the time. There are at least 7 nice ones that I see often.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim5870
I used to see a black 2wd in my area, one day we crossed paths at the local
coffee shop, we both parked and chatted checked out each others trucks.

Next thing you know his 46RH is on my bench and I'm rebuilding it for him.
Funny how that works.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Well,
to add to this thread. NJT i'm right down In Delaware so if you ever need help or someone is close and they need help don't hesitate to contact me.
If there is a 1st gen fella broke down on the road I would stop to help regardless it's a pay it forward thing.
We all need to help one another. So to point to another area I feel as I am a unicorn out here not too many first gens in my area that I've seen.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
This summer my family and I were just heading out of town on vacation in my old wagon, when I spotted a1st Gen with the hood up on a side street off the Hwy.

I REALLY wanted to stop and help...and darn near did, but we had 10+ hours of driving to cover that day, and a car load of women.... Any other time I would have been there to see what I could have done to help.

I was at the wreckers last week and there was two 1st gen'ers there. One young fellow searched me out in the yard just to talk to me about my crewcab. I got out of the yard and he was still out there checking out my truck. So we chatted for a few minutes about our trucks and then shook hands and took off.

No doubt in my mind that if either of us spots the others truck in need...there would be hands there to help.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by ZAAR
Well,
to add to this thread. NJT i'm right down In Delaware so if you ever need help or someone is close and they need help don't hesitate to contact me.
If there is a 1st gen fella broke down on the road I would stop to help regardless it's a pay it forward thing.
We all need to help one another. So to point to another area I feel as I am a unicorn out here not too many first gens in my area that I've seen.
Thanks.... It's a cool thing I see going on here, but still is bothersome that the distance thing is the overriding factor in our friends predicament. I'd be willing to help those in need, should it come down to it, but no one in their right mind would come to the toxic armpit of the US, so I've got no one to help....

You guys are all just too far away.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's not very many other first gens around here, but if I ever see one on the side of the road in need of help you bet I'm stopping.