1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

89-91(early)intercooler banks don't sell them any more!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89-91(early)intercooler banks don't sell them any more!!

I'm a new member,I have a 91 dodge cummins early (non intercooled) and would love to put the Banks system in! had called there tech line to make shore that i would be able to keep my ex brake with there "Power Pack System". after a fue calls and looking on there install sight we had decided that it was going to work fine!?
On there install sigh i found the templets to cut the hole int my radiator support and trimming of my grill to fit there intercooler, which i did, cause i didn't have the cash at the time to by it but wanted to be ready when i did!
Called the Banks sale department to order my system and was told that not only were thay out of stock but the 89-93 systems were discontinued!!!!!!! ..... O and get this, thay have been discontinued for over a year now!!! .......thay have sence remove that adverdisment from there sight!
have been surching the internet sight for the past week trying to find some body that made an intercooler for my truck but no luck. even when on e -bay and found several of then but when i went to buy it,...thay had to get it from banks allso!
Thinking about a gear vender overdrive too but the intercooler is the most importent part of my plan, cus it runs good in the winter and it a dog in the heat of the summer!!!!!
Any help and sugestion would be grately apriseated. Flash
Old 03-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Call PDR. They have a replacement intercooler for the 1st gen. It's not shown on their site, so you have to call to find out more info. There's a link to PDR's site on the links page of DTR.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:56 AM

K still trying to move around in this sight.......can't find the PDR in the link page of DTR....What is PDR?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Here is the URL for PDR.

http://www.piersdiesel.com/
Old 03-20-2006, 09:31 AM

Thanks Much!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

If you really want that intercooler, some guy on ebay has 50 complete banks kits. 25 for non-ic and 25 w/ ic. I think if i needed to get a new one that would be the one i would get, but it is pricey. Realy the only cool thing banks has (HAD) for our trucks.

click
Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 AM

Ya he had beter get them off of there before somebody thats not as nice as me gets him for faults adverticing! HE HAS 0 IN STOCK!!!!
He has to order them from bank to. talked to him last week and he had to call me back and said that same thing i allready now (N/A). Thanks any ways.
Found the intercooler, (thanks "wannadiesel" and "ruguik") but is for a 91 1/2-93 so now all i need is the pipping.
The a/c condencer for the 91 1/2 -93 is diff then the early 91 (non intercooled)....I thing that i will have to come up with some bracker for that to.
I guess thay are diff becuse there is an intercooler between the radiator and the a/c
Dus any one no of a place that sells the piping,
I'm probly going to have to go recking yard hunting in now but thare's not to meany of them out there eather......Boy i shore wish that you had spell check...LOL!!!
woops that was"wannadiesel" and "bike boy 1713 "with the help on the intercooler, and thanks for you input to "Ruguik"....all take all i can get!! just love that emotion!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM

so this is kinda off topic, but not too far off. i am looking at intercooling my engine. i have an intercooler off of a freightliner, and i already have to lift the body of my truck to clear the tranny and exhaust. i am going to be customizing my radiator support so that the radiator is in the stock location. i know that i can get the housing for my truck, and i think i know how im gonna hook it up, but im not too sure if there is anoyone else that has used this type of intercooler? any input would be much appreciated.

nick
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 PM

So has any one dun the conversion for the 89-91(early) with 91.1/2-93 intercooler set up? Checked with the dealer and all the parts are discontinue but the a/c condencers.
the radiator and a/c condencer part# for the non intercoolered and intercooled are diff! dus that mean that i will have to buy or us a diff radiater and a/c condencer so that i can us the 91.1/2 intercooler? or can i just put the intercooler in with out changing any thing else? Theres got to be somebody thats went this rought!