12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Gently Used 12V

Old 04-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by serge
5.- You'd have a truck they made only for a 1/2 year, (98-89.5) but very wanted! thats why we got 2 of them!

I pasted this from a thread I came across while deciding what kind of truck and thanks to 12valve (I found my own 12 valve), he now has the gratitude of one happy frenchman, merci mille fois!!!!!!!

The saga continues tomorrow.

Cheers all Serge
Hey. glad to hear from you, and that you are happy.
I understand how you feel.

NOW i see my mistake they did make the 12 valve w the newer dash only from 98-98.5 and NOT 98-89.5

Congrats on your truck. looks very good.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its nice to be able to personally thank you 12valve, it was that post that sparked the desire to own an incredible truck. Just got back from Hamilton, should have seen the double takes, especially up the mountain, these are incredible work horses (have changed my truck's name to the Black Stallion). Much more appropos than Black Beauty especially after realizing what the CTD can do when it hunkers down on the blue line like the old defensive corp my "Habs" had in the 70's. Those where good years for us Canadiens fans.
I had 4 x 20' 2" wire cable rated for 33.56 MT (overkill for all I needed was 25 MT better safe n sorry ), 4 x 35 MT Shackles, 2 50 MT Kevlar straps x 55' long. Since the truck was still capable of doing more I decided to make it more interesting after lucking out in a yard sale on my home. Driving into Brantford I noticed a rototiller in, guy wanted $50.00, offered 25 bones, needs some TLC but those old tillers are designed like my CTD, unlike new models which are designed to shear something after the 2nd year you use it.

BLACK STALLION whoaaaa horsie

The "piece de resistance" is something that I am now sampling, closet thing yet to Blue Light 36 bones vs 26 bones, will know tomorrow how I feel.
Sometimes the chems in cheap beer have nasty effects on me.

On that note "sante mes amis" if you have your health man that's half the battle right there.

Now to figure out a way to get to use my rototiller, not high in priority on my to do list, but of all yard work the most fun to do , way better than mowing I am sure tomorrow at a reasonable AM hour the dirt will be flying, plus my elderly neighbor, plus the young single Mom next door, on 2nd thought I think I know where to draw the line or else , any excuse to kick up dirt is a good one. Unfortunately I could not justify the extra expense for a 4x4, especially living down here. Positrac is plenty for me, just have to remember it when the roads are slick, empty backend can fishtail pretty quick. I really enjoy the fact that my thoughts are always drawn back to my truck. Luckily for me no one gets to bored here, in the real world they are sick of hearing tales of my truck, not to mention green with ENVY

I really enjoy this smilies, the wife gets a kick out of 'em also. But it is a pain in the butt when you have to remove half dozen otherwise you can't load your reply, I'll try another one mmmmm!!!

Enjoy your weekend Gentlemen
Old 04-30-2006, 11:54 AM

This the end of the Black Beauty saga, and the beginning of the BLACK STALLION SAGA. Merci beaucoup DTR

Phase III THE FINAL ASSUALT on MY MAPLE MONSTER STUMP

Had a strategic meeting with my staff advisors (hired mercenaries from Laker Breweries, Laker Light Division). We have determined that it would be to our beneficial advantage to form an alliance with the Caterpillar Guy on St. Paul.
After liberating all the roots of said MAPLE MONSTER, my decision as C in C, was to call my special forces BLACK STALLION Battalion Brigade.
Following a heated debate with the Laker Boys, it was decided that the BSBB detachment was just to valuable for leading a head on assualt on such a well entrenched foe.
Like all good Commanders, I will delegate the final assult to my Cat Ally (long time ago my mining partner's brand new F-250 4x4 blew the rear differential, which of course was not covered on warranty when trying to remove a smaller stump back home in the Quebec Northlands along the Jewel of Lake Temiscaminque.).
I have no qualms about potential Cat casualties, it is just smart Cummins Brain power.
I hear the comanders revving up the troops, have one Brigade of Huskyvarna, along with a Battlion of Stilh265 outfitted with the dreaded 20" destroyer blade.
No white flag has been raised inside the MAPLE FORTRESS, so the assualt order as been given.
Have received a runner from the Laker Light boys, very urgent, there has been an unexpected threat of counter attack from underground. A huge reserve of MAPLE ROOTS has been discovered by my Engineers Corp, might have to call out the reserves.
Thankfully my Panama Jack is still up for the Task after being severly Mauled in night attack last evening.

Will post casualty list once battle subsides in a new thread.

CHEERS DTR
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by serge
Its nice to be able to personally thank you 12valve, it was that post that sparked the desire to own an incredible truck. Just got back from Hamilton, should have seen the double takes, especially up the mountain, these are incredible work horses (have changed my truck's name to the Black Stallion).
WOW

I have heard of lots of very happy 12valve CTD owners... but you are definitly one of them. You sound like all you can think of is your amazing Cummins, ...actually i do too...

is it a manual or auto?

I LIKE THE NAME OF YOUR TRUCK.

Good Luck
Old 04-30-2006, 07:37 PM

Unfortunately automatic, but like anything else, If you can put a man on the moon you can put a 6 speed stick in my CTD.

Thank God for this web site, my wife would be pretty fed up by now of hearing all my rants.

Sante mon ami

BREAK THROUGH ON THE MAPLE FRONT

The MAPLE GIANT was a formidable foe. We have duked it out for the past month and in the end victory is mine. Unfortunately the toll was heavy, the Panama Jack shock troops where mauled in the first assualt , fortunately the Laker Light boys pulled through, after undermining the massive root system, the Giant Maple capitulated unconditionally, he will be honoured this winter as a worthy adversary amd will be consumed in wood stove, vengenance is mine . All that remains is to haul the wooden giant out of his hole, after that the rebuilding process begins.

To everyone may you have an enjoyable week.

Cheers to all , thankfully I still have my reserve company of Laker Light, to bad I have to get up very early.

Bonne Nuit DTR
Old 05-01-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I thought I got a deal when I bought my 97 12v reg cab w/200K 5 speed for $6500.00 until I saw this 98 QC 12V 5spd 2wd for sale. It had 29,000 actual miles on it and they were asking $5250.00!!!!!
I couldn't get to the phone fast enough!!!!
Blast it all......It was sold.
I think I missed my deal of the decade.
I will keep looking .