Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring's around the corner Breakroom Feb 12-18

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Mark! Welcome Home!

First chance to stop by all week. It seems that the Bride's KY Non-Profit is going to other States. It has been a busy week trying to learn and assist her with the process. My checkbook and my brain both really hope that her efforts for getting "Trusted Agents" in the affected States gets easier! Glad to help her though on a great cause.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:11 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good afternoon/evening. Hope that everybody had a GREAT day.

A few hours ago came home after taking my wife out for an Italian lunch. I made a mistake and had breakfast this morning as I forgot how much food this place provides. Boy, am I stuffed! Waddled home and plopped down in my easy chair and was forced to have a short nap to partially recuperate. That place bakes all their own bread right there in a wood fired oven and man-oh-man is it delicious. Ate too much of it. They make their own pasta and sauces too. Ate too much of that too. Oink, oink, oink!!!! Expensive, but sure is worth it once in a while. Mama is happy.

OneeyedbusyBob, did you deliver your RV and the truck to the new owners? To keep some diesel flowing in your veins how about getting a Cummins powered boat?

Off to recuperate a bit more.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome back Mark.
Hope you're having a great reunion with your clan.
the kidlets must be getting much bigger now.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, mornin. I've been having a time getting adjusted back to east coast time... Dead tired in the afternoon/early evening, awake at 0300 ready to go... haha if I sit down in the afternoon or evening, Angie's got to make sure I stay awake... I'm sure I'll be good in a few more days.

Thanks for all the welcomes... I didn't even touch my truck until yesterday, and the kids are getting big. The middle kid is getting really big, he's almost as tall as me.

Gotta run in to work today for a few hours, them we're off until Tuesday. I'm going to smoke some chicken legs on Sunday, so if you're in the area
Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, I see Big Boy was here but did not bother putting on some fresh coffee or ph00, so it is now prepared for the indulgence of all around. Come get it..............................

Originally Posted by Mexstan
OneeyedbusyBob, did you deliver your RV and the truck to the new owners? To keep some diesel flowing in your veins how about getting a Cummins powered boat?
No, did not meet the new owners. Handled thru a dealer. Cummins powered boat??? Been there, done that. Considering getting something a bit smaller again. In the perfect spot for week long trips - - gorgeous gunk holes quite close to our home. We have the most gorgeous spot about 2 hours from our house that you anchor behind a small curved spit the is like 10' deep. Allows you to pull up beside the spit, throw out both anchors, front and back, and stop off the dive platform onto the spit. Wade the water and gig a fish, cook it over the campfire and sit back, relax, eat, swim, watch the sunset from the deck then hit the sack. Wonderful week or weekend get-away. Was out this week looking - - we will see.

OK, off to win some war today - - any one of them would be an accomplishment.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome back Madhat weather around here is screwy 60 one day then 30 with some snow. I'm having a heck of a time finding rocker panels for my truck all I can find is quad cab style the ones I received from car Id were supposed to be mega cab and now we're arguing on who's wrong so I can return them.

If an of yall have a lead where I could find some I'd appreciate it.

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Stan, One time I took the tribe to the steak house. We all ate well, but they watched me polish off a bunch of hot bar sides, salad bar, chicken and ribs, and desert.

One of my precious daughters asked me, "Daddy, can you say oink.....or are you too full."

Got spring like weather here, Looks like warm and rain for a week, then on top of the muddy mess, a half a foot of snow to get March going.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
I'm happy, my truck is back. Off to town to finish up the swap.